Is there a way to make youre Snow kit NOT spray everytime you start the car?

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
I have a stage II snow kit with the MAF controler and an anti-syphon valve. I have it wired to a key on source under the hood with a inline fuse so my kit is always on. Because of this everytime i start the car i see my led light because it fires the pump momentarily. This is ok for the most part but when i was at the track yesterday i turned down the ON voltage a little to try to squeeze a little more out of the car (seemed to help) which in turn made it spray more when i goto start the car and made it hard to start so i had to turn the ON voltage back up a little. I really dont want to run a switch as i run the snow kit all the time. Is there some sort of delayed relay or somthing like that i can wire in so when the car starts it powers the snow controller up AFTER the car actually starts?

Not familiar with Snow specifics but I would think you could use a window switch and set it to ~1200-7000RPM.

My use of the factory Oil Pressure sending unit may also work. Since it doesn't supply ground until 7PSI it may help.

Only way that I'm aware of to stop that issue is use manifold pressure instead of MAF voltage. Later model snow controller came with both options.

David

Not familiar with Snow specifics but I would think you could use a window switch and set it to ~1200-7000RPM.

My use of the factory Oil Pressure sending unit may also work. Since it doesn't supply ground until 7PSI it may help.

I like this.

I've seen this on a bunch of the SC's here, but it doesn't seem to pop up in the other communities (forums for Mustangs, Lightnings, etc.). I don't know that it matters that I'm running a 4.6L-based OBD-II system, or how I have the system wired, but the Stage 2 MAF setup on my car doesn't blip on for a second when I turn the key on.

This is how I've wired my system:

It does it on my dads marauder too. So can't be the OBD2.

And good gosh Rod what the heck you got goin on there?:eek::)

I've seen this on a bunch of the SC's here, but it doesn't seem to pop up in the other communities (forums for Mustangs, Lightnings, etc.). I don't know that it matters that I'm running a 4.6L-based OBD-II system, or how I have the system wired, but the Stage 2 MAF setup on my car doesn't blip on for a second when I turn the key on.

This is how I've wired my system:

Lol mine is a lot simpler than that :) I do like how it pulls timing via the octane plug if something goes wrong

I am using a relay but you could run ground straight to it. I'm running the relay ground to the sending unit.

Lol mine is a lot simpler than that :) I do like how it pulls timing via the octane plug if something goes wrong

I agree, it's kinda neat. There is quite a bit of engine control hacking you could do by messing with inputs to the EEC and then being able to adjust the programs with the QH. Just need to be creative and need something creative.

Last edited:
Mine sprays every time you run the key on.

Jacob,

Mine does the same thing, green LED indicator light on the dash flashes every time ignition is turned on, which means the pump and anti-siphon solenoid are both getting power for an instant.

If you don't have the option of using manifold pressure for the controller I imagine the easiest way around it, would be to install an adjustable fuel pressure safety switch (like used with nitrous systems) plumbed into the rail like a fuel pressure gauge and wired into the ground or power supply of the controller. Then set the switch to about 45 psi so you would have to be into boost before the controller would get any power.

David

Back