95 sc Starts fine when cold on a warm start it shutters and dies!?!?

Vinny702

I really can't figure this out. I'm thinking maybe EGR? I'm not sure I really need help.

On a cold start in the morning it starts up normal and runs fine.
However after the engine heats up a bit around the "N" on temp gauge. If I stop somewhere for about 5 mins to grab groceries for example.
I'll come back out start the car it revs up to 1,000RPM sputters and dies immediately. However if I give it a bit of gas and I can keep it alive.

I should also mention that at stops I'm idling at only about 500 rpm..

Please help ));
I thought maybe IAC but I cleaned that out and it didn't do anything..

metal...that should be ok to try to clean then, I think.

Checked codes yet? Done any work lately?

Mine has done this, and in my case, after checking several things, I replaced the IAC and it cleared up. I think some owners needed to replace the ECT sensor. Search here for other cases & possible remedies.

Last edited:
Another thread years ago talked about warm engine restart problems. Something that came up was injector leakdown which would result in flooding. Since the EEC was in closed loop mode, this threw a/f off and cause idle/stall problems. No one, at the time, seemed to be able to solve the problem by trying new DISs. Using injector cleaner seemed to fix the problem for a number of them. I mention this because I have the same issue with the Red car. I will be trying the same solution. :cool:

if that doesn't work...my sc few years back whenever it got warm it wouldn't start again, sometimes until it got cold again. crank and cam sensor were replaced to fix it. not sure why both but I didn't own the car at the time. of course its better to test before replacing them

Last edited:
Back