rebuilding super charger

pock1

hi all my 93 super charger is making a noise when cold, as the car warms up the sound goes away,car has over 110k.i know u can rebuild the snout, but what about the the rotors and how can they come out?i was getting a snout rebuild kit from spinning wheels, is there a way to take apart and replace anything in the rotors or the back of it.i have a (spare) I wanna upgrade ,rebuild.would love to get 1 from a 94-95 sc.

You can chance back needle bearings of rotors,but front bearings of rotors is usually not needed to replace,also rotor gears and shafts dont have any key to get them in right timing,and timing is critical.

Here is some pics that might help You out with rebuild:

http://blackbird90sc.pictures.fi/kuvat/1990+Ford+Thunderbird+Super+Coupe/Eaton+M90+++-95+++Rebuild/

I used heat and liquid nitrogen in My rebuild,that helped a lot to get snout bearings in right place.

Put a post to want to buy section for a late model,it will give You cheap upgrade to power level,I just get one from there few months ago pretty fast...

Charger rebuild

I would buy a set of needle bearings for the back of the case also. My 94 had a cold noise also, like marbles in a can, I put new needle bearings in the back and it's gone. .... didn't touch the snout. It was still tight and smooth, so I figured i'll buy the parts just in case- stil got em :)

Those bearings need to be pressed in and out, so have a plan going into that process that applies the pressure in the correct places.

Good luck, it is worth doing in my opinion

Kurt

rebuild

ok thx. im guessing these needle bearing come out from the back, so im spraying lig-nig on them, to sit for how long, or some other liguid pull or press toward the rear. as I gather from the pics. kinda blurry on how to get to the needle bearing ........pressed out with caseing on.no way of getting to them .looking at s/c now.:eek:

Back