Another tire question for 19" wheels

joenintiesc

19x8 wheels. Thinking about Sumitomo HTR Z-III; 245-40/19 for the front, and 255-40/19 for the rear.

The rears would be slightly wider, and hair taller. Will this work without causing any issues with ABS, traction control, trans, etc. on an automatic '94 SC? Or some other reason that might be an issue?

The visual difference is going to be minimal, why not just use the same size all around so that you can rotate front to back to even out the wear? Just put 255/40R19 all around.

cheers
Ed

The visual difference is going to be minimal, why not just use the same size all around so that you can rotate front to back to even out the wear? Just put 255/40R19 all around.

cheers
Ed

Thanks Ed! I was just sitting here thinking 'I hope fast Ed chimes in with feedback', lol!

I guess I was thinking it might be better to have a slightly narrower tire up front, and it is rare to find the same exact tire, reasonably priced, in two different yet closely related sizes.

I will heed yor advice and choose the less complicated scenario of same size front and back. :D

The difference in road feel and handling is going to be negligible between the two sizes. Since you're not staggering wheel widths, you may as well put the same size all around. Especially up in the 19", I like the look of the slightly taller than stock tires like the 255/40/19 in the big MN12 fender openings. That is the size I had on the front of my 95 when I switched to 19", previous 18" were the same overall dimensions, 255/45.

cheers
Ed

I run a 19x8.5 front with 245 40 19 and 19x9.5 rear with a 285 35 19 and love the way they look. the offset is perfect and the fit the car very well with a 1.5 drop.

Back