hp and tq estimate?

redeemedtat2

any of the gurus here want to take a guess at what kind of power this car is putting out? yes I know there are variables, but let's assume the car is mechanically sound. 1995 SC 120k miles on the odometer with these mods - 3/4 " raised supercharger top, 70mm throttle body, MAC intake, ASP underdrive pulleys,
5% od SCP SC pulley, Taylor wires, Hi Flow Cats with custom downtubes, and Flowmaster catback exhaust.
I was thinking maybe 250 hp and 360 tq?

any of the gurus here want to take a guess at what kind of power this car is putting out? yes I know there are variables, but let's assume the car is mechanically sound. 1995 SC 120k miles on the odometer with these mods - 3/4 " raised supercharger top, 70mm throttle body, MAC intake, ASP underdrive pulleys,
5% od SCP SC pulley, Taylor wires, Hi Flow Cats with custom downtubes, and Flowmaster catback exhaust.
I was thinking maybe 250 hp and 360 tq?

Not even close. 3/4 top zero hp improvement, still a stock MAF? TB & intake need to match the maf to get the flow increase you are looking for. Underdrives add a few ponies. Better exhaust will show an improvement. 5% nice improvement. 215 rwhp. not what you wanted to hear Im sure. Guessing auto

Ken

Last edited:
I was talking about at the crank and it's a 5 speed. come to find out, I might be new here, but the car isn't. used to belong to debo92sc and before that SCme94. I'm still trying to research these 2 guys prior threads to see what else has been done to the car, but I think I read it had the maf done also.

That is a beautiful car you have!! When the time comes, get head and cam, better intake and you will have a awesome SC.

better intake? you don't like the mac intakes?

He is saying the intake is a whole system. From the filter, MAF, intake tube, TB and TB plenum. Your intake is only as good as the smallest restriction. If you have the stock MAF and are not using a cone filter than the bigger TB and cool looking air tube doesnt gain anything. An intake system that will show strong improvement would be the addition of a bigger MAF with a good flowing cone filter and later if you want a bigger TB plenum.

Ken

Updated info

Ok this sc was was Tony Serno's and was November 2002 sc of the month. Engine mods are 3/4 raised top, intercooler fan, 70mm throttle body, 75mm maf, Taylor wires, 5% sc pulley, steel tensioners, asp underdrive pulleys, ported sc, mac intake, Flowmaster catback with high flow cats and custom downtubes.

Ok this sc was was Tony Serno's and was November 2002 sc of the month. Engine mods are 3/4 raised top, intercooler fan, 70mm throttle body, 75mm maf, Taylor wires, 5% sc pulley, steel tensioners, asp underdrive pulleys, ported sc, mac intake, Flowmaster catback with high flow cats and custom downtubes.

Thats much better combination

Ken

Heads, cam, injectors and a tune. Then it will be a different animal.
Like I stated it is a sweet car!!!!!:D

I probably have a dyno sheet somewhere at home. I seem to recall it being around 225 rwhp but I will take a look for it.

Nice to see it still around the SCCOA.

I probably have a dyno sheet somewhere at home. I seem to recall it being around 225 rwhp but I will take a look for it.

At the average of 15% drivetrain loss associated w/manual trans, that comes to 258.75 at the crank.

Tony I would love to see it. If you can find it let me know. My email is lilsdaddy3@yahoo.com. Are all the mods you did listed for it in your garage or were there others?

The garage for it was up to date with everything I had done and I will try and find the dyno sheet tonight :)

Not sure if Kyle changed anything else when he had it.

The garage for it was up to date with everything I had done and I will try and find the dyno sheet tonight :)

kyle said he changed carper and headliner. that's got to be good for another 5 hp, right?

tony, is the garage list or the list you had in the nov 2002 sc of the month the most accurate when it comes to mods?

Back