Preheating LC-1 sensor?

joenintiesc

I have the QH and Innovate LC-1 Wideband installed on the 94 SC I just bought. I was told that upon starting, I should turn key on, wait for the led to stop blinking, and then start the car. The blinking led (about 10 seconds or so) is the sensor preheating. I was told that not following this procedure could damage/wear out the sensor.

But I don't see anything about this in the manual on the Innovate website? I certainly don't have a problem doing this, but how important is it? In other words, if I had to leave the car somewhere (say like a body shop overnight), and I instructed the shop on the start-up procedure, and I could pretty much rest assured that there would be NO WAY that my instructions would actually be followed, is this something to be worried about?:confused:

It's good practice to let any wideband heat up before firing the engine, though from what I've seen, most users don't. Whenever my sensor is in the exhaust, I let it go through it's warmup procedure (20 seconds with the NGK AFX) before starting the engine. However, I only install it when I'll be datalogging/tuning, so it isn't a regular hassle.

Thanks for the response. Mine is also hooked up to an A/F gauge, so it's always triggered when car is turned on...

Back