New Thunderbird

right now it is.

I asked and right now this does look to be what is coming down the pipeline.. We all can only hope it does come. Keep in mind that if it does I can hook you or anyone else up with one.....Rich

I scoured the net when I first saw this. I think this was just an exercise. I dont think its even on Fords radar or there would be more buzz about it.

it is on the radar...

I scoured the net when I first saw this. I think this was just an exercise. I dont think its even on Fords radar or there would be more buzz about it.

I just got told that there was talk and more at the last meeting, so this is closer than people may think....That is what I have been given.....Rich

keep in mind one thing...

If you read everything in that ad, it has quad tubro's & 600 horsepower. I don't think Ford will give it more power than the mustang, but who knows for sure..This car was just shown in Detroit to some people, and everyone loved it...so lets hope....Rich

Can you say Fugly uncle Fester? If Ford does bring back the Thunderbird I sure hope they do better than this in the looks department anyway.

Front overhang suggests a Fusion coupe. First FWD Thunderbird? :mad:

Looks like the successor to the 1999 Mercury Cougar, not to the 1997 Ford Thunderbird.

Not enjoying the good 12" of height between the top of the front tire and the top of the cowl.

I think that almost everything looks like a Fusion in Ford's lineup now, hahahaa.....some called the 2015 Mustang the "FuStang". Hoax or not, i'd be down for a rebirth of the T-Bird. It would be interesting to see how Ford would approach it, if they did resurrect the name.

Well the Thunderbird was originally designed to be Ford's answer to the Corvette. So maybe they are deciding to get it right this time.

I agree with this statement. If they did bring the T-Bird back, I think that it would have to be a rival to the Corvette and that it would have to be a personal luxury car again (although with massive HP and torque numbers), instead of the bloated land yacht that it became in the late 60's and 70's in general. I really thought that the brand had resurrected itself in 1983 and had stayed on the cutting edge (supercharging, turbocharging, IRS, four wheel discs, tuned suspension, aerodynamic and sleek styling) until the early 90's, when most cars got sucked into the aerodynamic vortex and looked pretty much identical. The resurrected T-Bird in the 00's had the right idea--two seater, sporty--but it wasn't a Corvette rival type of a car.

I think that they have to re-discover their motto, more like "personal performance car". It can still have luxurious things, but I think that they'll have to drop the idea of doing everything with a Mustang affordability, to really kickstart the brand again. I think that it has to be somewhere between a Boss 302 and a Corvette......maybe not as expensive as the 'Vette, but more expensive than the Boss 302.

Well if they followed the sales mantra of the SC then it most probably will not be as fast as there flagship Mustang but I am sure close to it. I doubt you will ever see a V8 in it and it will most likely be an ecotech turbo... I do like the look of this concept but honestly, I am not a Thunderbird fan, just a Supercoupe fan...

Can you say Fugly uncle Fester? If Ford does bring back the Thunderbird I sure hope they do better than this in the looks department anyway.

I agree. This just looks like what it is - a Taurus that is short 2 doors. Sorry, even 600rwhp wouldn't excite me. The T-bird needs to be a sports personal car. This just does not cut it.

I think that the concept of a really high end T-Bird could work. I think that there's too much history in the name to completely shelve it. The Cougar sort of suffered a similar fate that the T-Bird did.....the 60's Cougars were a more upscale version of the Mustang, but still with performance options. Then Ford/ Mercury had got away from that, too.

new t-bird

that looks like a 2 door ford fusion lol .turbos huh...like the old 85-88 turbo coupes.i.ve been asking ford (at the ny auto shows) when were the :new t-birds sc were comming out......responce back 2 years ago.............no comment.im wandering what price ranges and options and affordabillity .

Back