Help Identifying Harnesses and Needing Wire Diagrams

CMac89

I'm trying to clean up some unneeded wiring underneath the dash and possibly using some of the existing wires to power up other things if possible. Would anybody have any wiring diagrams for the dash wiring below? If I knew what each of them go to and what they were then I would be able to sort them out. This is for a '94, by the way. Any help would be appreciated!

The harnesses are so spread out in the EVTM, that it makes more sense to have one open and at your hand when figuring it out.

That is, the radio harness is with the radio, the power antenna with the power antenna, the interior lights with the interior lighting, etc. etc.

You can also redo that EVTM so that in six years you can remember what that yellow/blue wire is actually used for *grins*

Ebay has several fairly cheaply : http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_n...Cougar+EVTM+Shop+Manual+&_itemId=360175750475

RwP

I was hoping that someone might have a pdf or diagram? If I have to buy a manual it would just be a one time thing.

I second this. Do remember, someone ELSE may need that EVTM later.

RwP

Thirded. Someone cut the harnesses out from behind the stereo in mine and I spent hours yesterday just trying to figure everything out. The problem was, I had no idea of the extent of the customization beforehand, as everything was switched to a stock look (but non-functioning). If you want to see my explanation for this nightmare, check out the new "No more JBL audio system" thread in the Audio section. They took out the factory amp, messed with the wiring, etc.

No one wants to be known as "the idiot, who for some unknown reason decided to do _____" :D I think that the problem isn't the customization. That's generally fine. It's when they do things for some unspecified reason and take those customizations out, leaving you with a mess of dangling wires that have no "language" for the next person as to how to revert and convert things. If someone had left their custom system in my car, at least i'd know what they used for constant power. They did something with the constant power wire :mad: and now i'm figuring that I should just run a wire from the battery, through the firewall, so I actually have some concept, for myself, as to what is going on.

That actually is very helpful! Thank you!

Does anyone know what the electrical unit in the first picture is? I'm having trouble locating it in what riddick posted.

Secondary junction block. Basically it is a point at which a lot of those plugged-in harnesses connect to one another.

That actually is very helpful! Thank you!

Does anyone know what the electrical unit in the first picture is? I'm having trouble locating it in what riddick posted.

Its your long lost multi meter, silly.:D Thats not in the wiring diagrams

Casey I have the wiring diagrams and EVTM for a '94....if you still need pictures of stuff I could try to take them for you tonight.

Back