Water in Oil

bowez

Looks like I have water in my oil, under the cap and now on the dipstick. Power is fine (though did have a high idle this morning, thinking bad IAC), and now smoke. I only drive 15minutes to and from work could this just be condensation or am I looking at Intake... lets not go for HG, though will be checking compression?

Chocolate or vanilla shake? Photo of the underside of the oil cap would be interesting...

I get a light milky buildup in my vapor traps when it's cold and short trips, but nothing inside the oil filler cap on on the dipstick. Did you look down inside the valve cover?

How much coolant have you added lately...any?

Vanilla.

I like the idea of the timing cover from cost but its a ~~~~.

My T-stat housing leaks so I just add some.

Regardless of the source, the bearings aren't going to live long with coolant in the oil. I wouldn't continue to use the vehicle until you're able to diagnose and repair the issue. If you're seeing a noticeable increase in steam from the exhaust, and that steam smells like coolant, the culprit won't be the timing cover.

I had a very little amount of water vapor sneak by a valve cover that wasn't seated properly which led to a bit of milkshake residue under the oil cap. I changed the oil right away thinking the whole supply was contaminated, not the case.

Hope you don't have a bunch running into the oil supply, which could be a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Back