89sc wont crank

Nick89SC

So just a little bit before winter I was driving down the highway and my battery light came on and a little while later the car died and would not start again. I had the battery tested and it was bad and replaced it and the car still wouldn't crank. Cam sensor was replaced last year. I had the starter and alternator bench tested both were fine. I just replaced the starter relay and it still won't crank. The car is all stock except a 5% pulley which was on it when I bought it and an aluminum radiator I put in. Oh and the coil pack is good also. So question is why won't the damn thing crank over?

Auto or manual trans? Do the headlights work with the key off? If so, turn them on, then try to crank and see if they dim or not.

If they don't dim, consider inspecting the ignition switch down on the side of the steering column (not the key cylinder).

Lights didn't dim. Ignition is fine though. Took a set of jumper cables hooked one end up to the battery and touch the other hot end to the stud on the starter and it fired right up. I'm thinking the wire from the relay to the starter is bad somewhere. What I don't know is which wire runs to the stater. Any help on this?

Last edited:
Back