PDA

View Full Version : Forum issues

90coug
04-01-2014, 06:46 PM
SysOp,

Please fix site so I can click the "Remember Me" checkbox when logging in. I was attempting to check this box and instead was sent to the vendors site of the current advertisement that was showing below it. I came back to try again, same thing.

Maybe try making those images smaller or moving lower on the page.

Kurt K
04-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I believe this issue was addressed in the "sccoa.com website" forum. I think it may have had to do with clearing cache and/or cookies. Try checking there.

90coug
04-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Kurt! How's the accessory bracket holding up?

Thanks but the only way to get around the problem is to zoom out to 75%, from what I've gathered.

This is happening on more one machine. Maybe I'm missing something? If so, let me know, but I don't think so.

EDIT: I'm using IE10 , might not be the same on Chrome or Firefox.

Pat DiPersia
04-01-2014, 10:53 PM
You mentioned zooming. If your zoom is not set to 100%, MANY websites have issues. Not much we can do about it unfortunately.

So. . . If the remember me button isn't working when you DO check it, yes - clear your cache and cookies. This has resolved the issue for anyone that mentioned it. You may need to set zoom to 100%, then click the button, then re-set your zoom to what you prefer, knowing it may cause other issues.

Kurt K
04-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Kurt! How's the accessory bracket holding up?

It's on a shelf in the basement :)

90coug
04-02-2014, 11:52 AM
I only mentioned zooming as a workaround. I browse at 100%

Still a problem, and yes, I've cleared my cache\cookies and set the browser to defaults all around. I even tried another machine.

Bah, I honestly could care less just wanted to help out the site operators. Oh well...

You mentioned zooming. If your zoom is not set to 100%, MANY websites have issues. Not much we can do about it unfortunately.

So. . . If the remember me button isn't working when you DO check it, yes - clear your cache and cookies. This has resolved the issue for anyone that mentioned it. You may need to set zoom to 100%, then click the button, then re-set your zoom to what you prefer, knowing it may cause other issues.

David Neibert
04-03-2014, 12:44 PM
I just logged out and then back in and I can see what you mean about the remember me box being very close to the banner ads. That said I didn't have any problem clicking on the box (using a mouse) and was able to log back in without any problem. Are you using a phone or tablet with a touch screen ?

David

Kurt K
04-03-2014, 03:40 PM
I just logged out and then back in and I can see what you mean about the remember me box being very close to the banner ads. That said I didn't have any problem clicking on the box (using a mouse) and was able to log back in without any problem. Are you using a phone or tablet with a touch screen ?

David
I actually had that problem today too. You will have to click near the upper area of the box because it appears the banner ads partially overlap the check box.

90coug
04-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Phew, I thought I was going crazy....

I actually had that problem today too. You will have to click near the upper area of the box because it appears the banner ads partially overlap the check box.

shoalcracker
04-03-2014, 06:47 PM
See post 2.

Unfortunately I got rid of the ads all together to get around it.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?132755-Good-the-ads-are-back!!!!-top-right-corner-)&p=1060277#post1060277

Paul

Pat DiPersia
04-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Now that I understand the problem. . . It's been fixed.

Anyone "avoiding" the ads - remember, this site costs money to run. Membership costs are kept where they're at through support of our ads and vendors.

90coug
04-07-2014, 01:38 PM
That's better, glad to see it's fixed.