84 tbird turned into sc

Gotta love it. " Unfinished project " equals MONEY PIT.

Engine vital openings left open for any intrusion usually helps the sale :D:D

And all for the bargain price of 2 Grand ??????????

I would not pay more than 300 for this car. :cool:

Ford tested the prototype SC engines in a few Fox body Thunderbirds. I remember seeing pics several years ago.

I don't see where 2k is out of line. The parts list is worth almost that plus the car. I would jump on that all day long at $1500. Too bad it is on the other side of the country for me.

I don't see where 2k is out of line. The parts list is worth almost that plus the car. I would jump on that all day long at $1500. Too bad it is on the other side of the country for me.

Have at it brother :D:D

With all the vital engine openings still open you don't know what kind of creepy crawlies have gone up in that engine.

If you want a fox body t-bird just buy the turbo coupe :D:D

Owned 1 for years and they are BAD AZZZZZZZZZZ !!

That sounds like a cool project. No doubt the parts and car are technically worth that, but when someone buys a car and inherits what is left to be done, it always brings down the overall value. Plus, there's no real guarantee that the SC engine won't be thrashed and no guarantee that the head gaskets have much more life in them. It could be worth that to somebody, as a project, though, if they're mechanically inclined and can install the engine and ECU themselves and things like that. Still, you're going to want to put an 8.8 rear end on it (if it doesn't already have one).

I think that somebody should be able to get this for $1500 though. I think that's a fair bit more realistic.

Have at it brother :D:D

With all the vital engine openings still open you don't know what kind of creepy crawlies have gone up in that engine.

If you want a fox body t-bird just buy the turbo coupe :D:D

Owned 1 for years and they are BAD AZZZZZZZZZZ !!

Too many projects already don't need another.

Turbo coupes have their good and bad points too. Been there messed with them already. Best thing to do with them is drop in a v8!

Check out the mess called a wiring system under the hood :eek::eek:

My opinion differs than most on this car.

Even with the parts listed I still do not see anywhere that asking price.

Check out the mess called a wiring system under the hood :eek::eek:

My opinion differs than most on this car.

Even with the parts listed I still do not see anywhere that asking price.

I agree...car looks like someone got started on an engine swap, then bailed when they found out how much wiring had to be changed. $500 tops and only because it has some parts you could sell.

David

I agree...car looks like someone got started on an engine swap, then bailed when they found out how much wiring had to be changed. $500 tops and only because it has some parts you could sell.

David

I was kind of getting a vibe where the seller realized that they were in over their head. It's a shame, because I think that if he could do the work himself, it would have been a worthwhile project. He'd be better off just parting the car out.....selling the Eaton M90 by itself, some of the engine parts and the wheels and all of the other parts on the car.

Back