has anybody ever had a code 96

resmn12

i am trying to get my car to run i have ran codes three or four times. i fixed the others but i am getting the 96 code and i cant find out what to check or fix ihave the book and it takes me to the fuel pump monitor or replace the computer. so what i need to know is were is the fuel pump monitor at.

Just wondering here. My info has 96 as :

Fuel pump secondary circuit fault (during KOEO test). It sounds like an electrical issue to me with the fuel pump fuse or connections. Just my .02. :)

Hey I'll jump right in here and show my ignorance. I've never had mine trip. Do you get a code 96 if it trips and doesn't get reset?

Fuel-Pump Shut Off Switch

hows it going guys, just thought i'd share my opinion, although i could be wrong., well the Fuel cut off switch is designed just actives in the event of a collision... so that the fuel pump doesn't keep pumping fuel incase there was a ruptured line that was caused by the accident... Well i am not sure what a code 96 means, but perhaps someone that has a diagram of the fuel system could shed some light for us in this matter maybe where the fuel pump seconday circuit is located......

thanks guys

the fuel pump works good i checked fuel pressure it was 45+ and never leaked down. so i am guessing the fuel system is ok. i was looking in the book and it said look at the connection at the computer. i checked it and it was ok so the next step is to replace the computer. so now what i have to ask is does anybody have one for a 90 sc with auto? if you know of a guy that has one cheap plz let me know.

Back