temp? fan?

unclefester

Was wondering where you guys sc run temp wise. I have a 94 stock supercoupe. Runs around r in norm on the high way. But slowly gets to far into m. Before fan kicks on. And cools it back down. Should a low speed fan be kicking on before this. Ac is discharged so I can't test anything there. Think advance sold me a 195 thermostat. Was wondering what info i might get. Not sure it matters but it is a 94 supercoupe. Thanks in advance.

Where the needle lands on the stock gauge at any particular temperature varies enough between cars that there won't be much accuracy comparing with others. If you're concerned with the temp your engine is operating at, I'd suggest installing a real gauge, even temporarily, or reading the ECT via datalogging.

Where the needle lands on the stock gauge at any particular temperature varies enough between cars that there won't be much accuracy comparing with others. If you're concerned with the temp your engine is operating at, I'd suggest installing a real gauge, even temporarily, or reading the ECT via datalogging.

What Racecougar said.

Add to that the fact there's TSBs on replacing the factory sending units for both reading LOW (the OEM ones) or reading HIGH (the batch used in the middle to late 80's, and sometimes to replace the first ones ... ) ...

Datalogging or a real independent temp gauge.

RwP

I will look into aftermarket. Gauge for temp reading. See where I am at. How do you data log is there I thread started to tell you how? Thanks guys.

Back