Mechanical Gauge Vs. Electric

jjklongisland

So I really need an accurate temp gauge since after doing my head gaskets temp still is hotter "on the gauge" than I would like it to be. Knowing that there can be gauge inaccuracy I am in a pickle. The only gauges I like are electric and not mechanical. I havent decided where I want to mount my gauges and was going to wait to see some options at carlisle. So do I:

A. purchase the electric water temp gauge I really like and just temporarily mount it until I decide final placement and not worry about the accuracy since they are not that far off :confused:
B. purchase a cheap mechanical gauge just for monitoring at this time and once temp problem is fixed then get the electric gauges I want
C. just find a mechanical gauge I can like and stick with that instead of my electrical gauge... (must have match green lighting in car at night)

any thoughts?

Any electric gauge worth its salt will be plenty accurate. Just stick to a name brand gauge and not some parts store special.

Then you need to decide if you want them in a pod on the pillar, whether you want them behind the shifter in the panel or whether or not you want to take the dash apart and custom fit them in there.

I always liked the pillar pod look actually, though I am getting away from that with the new installation. It also depends on the gauges and how the colored lighting looks. All comes down to personal preference.

Ira

I really want to lower my radio to the lower din and install them in original radio din. I just don't know how difficult it is to pull off.

Back