Passenger rear hub assembly.

cougarxr7

I am in need of a passenger rear wheel hub assembly. Bearing toasted my old one!!!
My vehicle is a 1989.
I was wonder what vehicles and years would interchange with my 89 vehicle to broaden my search for this part.
Thanks for the help.

MN12/FN10 are direct fit and swap.

If you're looking at going to Mustang hub pattern, there's some Cobra hubs that swap in also.

The bearing - I'd just get that new (it's a separate item from the hub).

RwP

Sorry, deleted my post was looking at a different car ......... Just another example that crack doesn't smoke itself.

Last edited:
Rear hub assembly with bearing new at autozone, oreilly .... with a one year warranty about $55 and three year warranty $75

Do you have the link to either one?

The hub that O'Reilly shows for a 1991 (same unit!) is a wrong listing - OUR rear hubs don't have an ABS ring on them (the ABS ring is on the half shaft!). It DOES look like the FRONT hub/bearing assembly. For Autozone, I get http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1117800 - which is a shaft repair kit, NOT a hub and bearing (which *ahem* is a separate unit for the REAR. If it says "Hub and bearing assembly", it's for the front - or a different car completely.)

RwP

Thanks for the replies!
Here is a picture of the "Rear wheel Hub Assembly", everything you see is one piece when assembled.
As said in my post, the bearing toasted my assembly.
Got one from a junk yard, came off a 94 lincoln, it going on my 90xr7 that is not road ready.
Cannot put the wheel on without it!

Attachments

• rbearing.jpg
    rbearing.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
how hard are these to change do i have to pull the whole knuckle off to do it, never had to do one before i know il need a press to push the hub off the bearing,
do they press in the hub also?

It's not that difficult.
Unbolt the brake caliper.
Remove the rotor.
Remove the three bolts and it comes right off.
A machine shop can and will press the old bearing out and the new bearing in.

i guess question of the day is how likely are the knuckle bolts going to be stuck in the bushings and a nightmare to get out

Unless that knuckle has been under water then they should come right out.
I know, I have 2 cougars, on one years ago the rear end of the car slid into a creek, and the bolts had to be cut off.
The other cougar, knuckle bolts came right out!
I see you're from Indiana.
I am across the Ohio river from Louisville KY.

yea its pretty rusty under there lol im hoping its some kind of magic and is not like most every ford control arm bolt ive ever taken out before and frozen to holy hell

I've blown apart several pretty ugly MK VIII's here in the rust belt, and shockingly not one of those bolts fought me! Now the dam "special" torx head bolt not clearing the axel once it was loose was another story! LOL

Adam

Back