PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up my new toy thought Id share

XxSlowpokexX
04-15-2014, 02:53 AM
I had three vehicles I was looking at all different. An XJR, a CL600 TT and a Porsche Cayenne TT....This won out. In all reality it was the most practicle. I cant stress how amazing this vehicle is. Just wasnt expecting it

jjklongisland
04-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Very nice... what year is it? I have always loved shaguars... Are those wheels the same bolt pattern as the our SC's??? I know some jags were...

joenintiesc
04-15-2014, 08:40 AM
Me too liking Jags. Nice interior!

Mike Puckett
04-15-2014, 11:17 AM
You have to pronounce the name of the car like Yoda would. Hmmm, A Jag you are.:D

pro street rich
04-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Those cars love the service department.. They feel right at home in them..Hope you got a good one as they like the attention....just saying.....Rich

90coug
04-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Nice, a Jaggywa. So, being an SC junkie I'm sure you'll have no problem working on this cat :rolleyes:

no164ford
04-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Nice ride I love them cars!!

sleeper bird
04-15-2014, 08:17 PM
yea my mom had one in hawaii ,it was an older model but that thing rode fantastic.im thinking she didnt have to have it worked on near as much as both of my sc's.I have always liked them as well.nice car and nice color.

VIPSC
04-15-2014, 08:41 PM
SHARP JAG!
Like Rich said! Service is the key word! :eek:$$$$:eek: With some proper guidance from good people on a "forum" like this one, u should be able to tackle the servicing & maintenance.
It looks like it was well kept tho. Hope it's been treated well & all service & maintenance is up to date with records.
I've heard something about the secondary tensioners on them giving trouble. Might want to look into it.
Good luck & hope you enjoy your new ride:cool:

KMT
04-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Very nice...I'm jealous. What size wheels?

1FSTBRD
04-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Looks great! I'm not super knowledgeable in the Jag dept, but the styling of that era and specifically that hood, where the hood lines flow with the headlights (giving it a look where it's almost being sculpted by the air and an in motion even when it's standing still look) is sharp.

XxSlowpokexX
04-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Its a 2004 4.2 XJR of course. Full service record nothings ever gone wrong with it. Same basic motor architecture as the Aston martin v8's, Range Rover v8, Lincoln LS, Retro Tbird....And yes these cars are KNOWN for sagging headliners. All aluminum body and weighs less than my sc last time it was at track. And yes ford has had wonderful feedback on any type of timing chain tensioning so it seems. This car. QUIET as can be. LOVE IT. What a great ride, And the rims are 20". Was almost a 5,000 option..Crazy All aluminum body too:O)

figulaz
04-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Nice choice. That's one of my bucket list cars. Congratulations. You gotta dress up nice to get in one of those cars even to go to the grocery store :cool:

jjklongisland
04-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Its a 2004 4.2 XJR of course. Full service record nothings ever gone wrong with it. Same basic motor architecture as the Aston martin v8's, Range Rover v8, Lincoln LS, Retro Tbird....And yes these cars are KNOWN for sagging headliners. All aluminum body and weighs less than my sc last time it was at track. And yes ford has had wonderful feedback on any type of timing chain tensioning so it seems. This car. QUIET as can be. LOVE IT. What a great ride, And the rims are 20". Was almost a 5,000 option..Crazy All aluminum body too:O)

so do the wheels fit on the SC??? :eek::eek::D:D:confused::confused:

David Neibert
04-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Damon,

Looks very nice. Is that the supercharged model ?

David

XxSlowpokexX
04-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Yah the xjr is a 4.2 L superched witha 5th gen eaton m112. Someone makes a 2.6 or 2.8 big bore twin screw kit for it. Im thinking a pulley, cold air intake/larger MAF, bored factory TB and exhaust. Doesnt seem a ported SC does much but I may give that a try as well. Unfortunately its hard to peice togather what works or doesnt work exhaust wise with these cars. Al I do know is that the cats do a 90 degree turn out the exhaust manifolds much like the SC and are very restrictive. Then there are two sets of resonators and a pair of mufflers. Exhaust ranges in the 2" to 2.5" range depending on who you ask and where its measured.

390hp
399ft.lbs

Im going to get it dynoed then start with intake modes..Dyno again than do the exhaust..Then call it a day!

BLOWN38
04-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Leave it alone and just drive it.

XxSlowpokexX
04-17-2014, 01:17 PM
nah. That doesnt work

David Neibert
04-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Leave it alone and just drive it.

I was thinking the same thing.

VIPSC
04-19-2014, 12:13 AM
im going to get it dynoed then start with intake modes..dyno again than do the exhaust..then call it a day!

I agree> Help it breathe:cool:

bowez
04-19-2014, 07:59 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Me too.

I work with a guy that has a S-type and every few months its ~$500 for something.

I too if had the money would be all over a XJ-R.

IMO if you have to finance a Jag you can't afford one.

XxSlowpokexX
04-21-2014, 03:21 PM
I don't ever finance anything. From my understanding the 4.2L engines are stout and don't have the issues the earlier 4.0 have. They have a 5th gen mn112.

Issues I see....EXTREMELY small air intake. 75mm tb and an anemic exhaust. Oh and no limited slip (that would be the costly mod at 1500)

I don't like the idea that the IC coolant is tied into the factory radiator although a separate heat exchanger.

Also Its way to quiet.

The injectors and dual pump setup is allegedly good for 640hp However I don't see myself going anywhere near there unless I get a twin screw. The car is a joy to drive and handle extremely well

Ill probably end up braking something but mechanically it isn't all that expensive. Going to jaguar is expensive....I am not going there!

Issues so far?? Stuck in Valet mode for two days because I had no idea how to shut it off....Then I had my front radar sensors on and couldn't figure that out. Kept flashing driver intervention anytime I got to close to someone...Its a really cool car though..I REALLY like it and was nothing like the older jag I had. This one feels light and nimble whereas the earlier xjr felt more like a Sherman tank..LOVE IT~!

Me too.

I work with a guy that has a S-type and every few months its ~$500 for something.

I too if had the money would be all over a XJ-R.

IMO if you have to finance a Jag you can't afford one.

1FSTBRD
04-21-2014, 07:55 PM
That's great, man! That's a super sharp car, for sure. No limited slip? That's weird. You'd think that it being a performance oriented car, that they would have done that at the factory.

As far as the "just drive it, don't mod it" thing ......yeah, that's what I thought for the first day or so that I had my SC. :) I think that in many people's cases, modding is more or less just a way to put one's own personal stamp on something that was sent out of the factory to many people in a certain way.

The Jag is something where it's like an SC to me, in the sense that it's a special car where I wouldn't want to change much of the stock look whilst doing the performance mods......doing things that seem like they'd be in line with a "super stock" sort of thing. The Jag has that same "elite/ upscale businessman" thing where there's a fine line in between modifying it for performance and turning it into an outright muscle car (which is exactly where you lose a lot of the original spirit of the car). The Jag and SC still have an air of versatility to them, where they were still designed for things like family use and luxury. For example, i'm not really completely sure if I want to put in 3.73's into my SC......it would change the low RPM cruise characteristics on the highway and would make the car louder. The SC is the first car i've had (and i've owned an '84 Cutlass Supreme Brougham) that I didn't want a loud exhaust on.

Anyways, it sounds like you're debating how far you should go. It's an awesome car. It doesn't need much, if anything. But I can understand your dilemma. :)

XxSlowpokexX
04-22-2014, 06:45 PM
I just did a 400+ mile trip and averaged 27mpg. No idea whats normal...But not bad! And SC people shouldn't be telling me not to mod lol

BLOWN38
04-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Only reason I told ya not to mod it is so you aren't wrenching on all your stuff. Don't you get enough of that with the SC's? Got a bike you wanted to do something with and now want to get rid of it cause you ain't got time.;)

1FSTBRD
04-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Only reason I told ya not to mod it is so you aren't wrenching on all your stuff. Don't you get enough of that with the SC's? Got a bike you wanted to do something with and now want to get rid of it cause you ain't got time.;)

Ah, but don'cha know that one has to have a bunch of projects just to see which one that they want to work on? :D

superdadsc
04-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Intake exhaust makes sense to me!:D

SCDan35thANV
04-24-2014, 06:16 PM
I'll just leave this here and watch what happens http://www.jaguarspecialties.com/v8_kit.asp :eek:

XxSlowpokexX
04-28-2014, 01:11 AM
no :cool::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek :

I'll just leave this here and watch what happens http://www.jaguarspecialties.com/v8_kit.asp :eek:

SCDan35thANV
04-28-2014, 02:24 PM
no :cool::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek :

LOL only joking to stir the pot ;-) they need a quarterhorse for these dang jags or something of the like dang it!

XxSlowpokexX
04-28-2014, 06:55 PM
LOL only joking to stir the pot ;-) they need a quarterhorse for these dang jags or something of the like dang it!

yes they do...The torque management and non lsd are killer