PDA

View Full Version : It's here!

Ryan A Harris
04-15-2014, 11:09 AM
With a large portion of help from Drew, my '95 made it home after being at my parents for almost 4 years. I can't thank Drew enough for the time & effort he gave to this little project. Thanks again Drew.

This all happened on Sunday the 13th, it all falls into my plans too! Weather was great, the rain held off. Things are finally looking up for my '95. With both SC's at the same place I can finally see what's on which car, and what's going to kept, and whats being sold or scraped. I have been mentally making my plan as I went, in my head, and over 8 years worth of changing goals. So now that all my moving around the province, and having kids are finished with I can get back to my SC. It's been a long road, many km's, towing cars and engines, and trailers of just car parts around, the light is back at the end of tunnel. I had a few conversations about selling all the SC stuff and walking away from it all, it came close, really close to that actually happening. But I just don't want to give up on my un finished project.

I think I have what will make a pretty quick, cool, good looking, re liable fun car. I'm doing the 97 hood, headlights along with 97 door handles. Front mount IC, MPx with the coated rotors, 75mm T-body, 76mm MAF, raised top, #60 injectors, forged internals from a build by Tom Morana. This has a big cam & heads, but I'm not fully sure of the specs. Kooks long tubes with a 2-1/2" exhaust with an X pipe, and cats. Swapping over the Cobra brakes from the 90 onto the 95, have a wide band, meth injection, swap over the quarter horse from 90 to 95(I hope this will work, I'm not sure yet. I'm sure Ive missed something. Hoping for 300 HP on a dyno. Low 13's at the track with street tires(I hope the tires will be enough). Plus I have left some room for future add ons. The intake can go bigger if needed, I like the look of the cobra R hoods, so that might happen one day too. Paint and body work will be the attention after all mechanical issues are fixed and working properly.

So, I have not wasted time with the car here. Front bumper & the broken header panel are off the 90, and now I have full access to remove the IC set up. I don't want a eye sore of a car in my driveway for too long, so I need get the 90 torn apart to see what I'm keeping(drivetrain, brakes, CPU management, one of the fenders) and part out the rest. Then the 95 can get into the garage, but not before some work to the garage will be done. Once in the garage, oh man the list never ends, drop out the current blown drive train, install the front mount, swap hood & head lights, put the 95 trunk back onto the 95, swap out the PBR brakes for the Cobras, car also needs a little body work, but that might wait a while longer to get to, then get it tuned so I can drive shizniz out of it!

r1dd1ck913
04-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Sounds like you have a plan. Since you said parting out do you want to sell the PBR calipers. My bird has been down for a year and a half so I know how you feel.

91bird
04-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Hey Ryan,
Glad I could help man, thanks. I think you have a lot of good gear there that will easily get you to your end goals. Lots of work but thats all part of the fun right.
Glad you hung onto your car for all those years. Its hard but hey once you get back in and turn the key it will take you back 10 years.

Drew

Ryan A Harris
04-17-2014, 06:31 PM
Sounds like you have a plan. Since you said parting out do you want to sell the PBR calipers. My bird has been down for a year and a half so I know how you feel.

I'm not ready to sell them just yet. I should be working on that part of the cars in July or early aug. I can
let you know when I'm about to take them off. Would you want just the calipers, or more of a complete rotor with spindles?

r1dd1ck913
04-17-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm really just looking for the calipers and the brackets. I have a set of spindles from a 94. I also have new rotors and new pads for the pbr calipers already. I still need to get the swaybar end links.

superdadsc
04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
300 rwhp should be a walk in the park!:D

ALS35
04-22-2014, 08:51 PM
I'll bet your Dad is happy to have half of his garage back and that parking spot in the driveway! Good to see your projects getting going. I'll help any way I can. I'm not bad with wrenches and I won't sit on your windshield:D
Alan

MY90SC
05-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Ryan.....Your in Brantford bud? Well hello Neighbour. How is Kendra and the little ones? Last time I saw you two was Sauble Beach 3 SC's on the beach. Still have some pics of that somewhere. Still love the cars and looking to get back into an SC again soon.