PDA

View Full Version : Proof God Loves SuperCoupes...

NorthrnSCownr
04-16-2014, 04:00 AM
Remaining optimistic I'm choosing to believe a higher power spared my bird from what could have very easily been much worse damage in Sunday's storm. The limb, actually the dead tree top, fell from about 40 feet up and 20 feet back.

NorthrnSCownr
04-16-2014, 04:03 AM
60316 60315 20+ Footer...60317

jjklongisland
04-16-2014, 07:28 AM
It could have been alot worse... That still sucks though..,.,

superdadsc
04-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Ouch!! that sucks!

joenintiesc
04-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Ouch!! Phew!!

PDQ SC
04-16-2014, 06:39 PM
My first semester of law school I was living in the attic at "Florences" house. It was in an old part of Topeka, Kansas with lots of old trees I had an evening appointment at school in October when an unusually bad snow storm hit. When I returned a tree had fallen where I park. I was driving my first "90 S.C.:eek:

David Neibert
04-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Even though the damage doesn't look too bad. Given the low book value of these cars, I wouldn't be surprised if your insurance company totals it. If that happens, hopefully they will let you buy the car back without a salvage title.

David

1FSTBRD
04-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Firstly, I'm glad to hear that nobody was hurt, because that tree could have seriously injured or killed someone. I'm truly sorry to see this picture.......I feel the pain of every car and car owner when I see damage like that.

Even though the damage doesn't look too bad. Given the low book value of these cars, I wouldn't be surprised if your insurance company totals it. If that happens, hopefully they will let you buy the car back without a salvage title.

David

I was thinking the same thing--insurance companies just don't like older vehicles on the road. My idiot radar is on "stun" when i'm driving the SC, because it's a somewhat minor accident away from being written off. Trees are a different story....you can't plan around that, though.

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but considering that there is damage on different panels of the car, the insurance company will likely still write it off. I'm not sure what's worse--getting in a smashup where it requires major fixing where it's just easier to give up the ghost, or when it's still driveable but still has a couple of thousand dollars worth of damage in body work and painting and is just slightly or fairly out of the realm of being a worthwhile fix. I'm wondering if the damage on the roof by the sunroof would be enough for them to wonder if the structural integrity of the car would be compromised enough to have it be a non-salvage title. That's a clean looking car and that would truly, truly suck if that would be the case.

KMT
04-17-2014, 09:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing--insurance companies just don't like older vehicles on the road.

Isn't that what comprehensive is for? Cost me $20/yr. w/$250 deductible. Lots of trees on the property here, and 'falling object' damage is included.

1FSTBRD
04-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Isn't that what comprehensive is for? Cost me $20/yr. w/$250 deductible. Lots of trees on the property here, and 'falling object' damage is included.

You guys in the US are luckier than us up here in Canada......we have Autopac, which is a Canadian monopoly that is the only place that you can get insurance from. There's no competition, and you can't shop around--and we have no comprehensive insurance (though I do believe there is the Act Of God insurance--not sure what they cover, though).

04-18-2014, 09:21 PM
the same thing happend to my sc. i was going through my divorce and did not have a garage. a major ice storm and shazam dent in the top rear driver quarter and trunk lid. i just fixed it myself.

superdadsc
04-19-2014, 10:06 AM
If it is totaled buy it back. I bought my 89 back for 250. Also you can fight the payoff if you don't like it. I think that would actually be better as long as you don't get a salvaged title and depending what the payout was.

Either way good luck. Pretty bird!!:D

Swanny
04-19-2014, 10:42 PM
OK, got it, God loves SCs but doesn't mind giving 8 year olds cancer like my nephew. :mad:

More seriously though, the car is totally repairable, I'm glad it wasn't worse. Pearl white is my fave.

NorthrnSCownr
04-22-2014, 05:08 AM
David is right. A similar incident happened to a friend in my area but he was struck and injured. We are very fortunate it wasn't worse.

I haven't carried collision so it will be out of pocket if and when I get to it.

ALS35
04-22-2014, 09:15 PM
You guys in the US are luckier than us up here in Canada......we have Autopac, which is a Canadian monopoly that is the only place that you can get insurance from. There's no competition, and you can't shop around--and we have no comprehensive insurance (though I do believe there is the Act Of God insurance--not sure what they cover, though).

I'm from Canada and have never heard of this Autopac crap. There are lots of options in Ontario. I have comprehensive and any deductible I choose.
I would like to know what Province you are in that they don't give you options. BC? Sask? You should move.
Alan

1FSTBRD
04-23-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm from Canada and have never heard of this Autopac crap. There are lots of options in Ontario. I have comprehensive and any deductible I choose.
I would like to know what Province you are in that they don't give you options. BC? Sask? You should move.
Alan

I'm in Manitoba...Winnipeg, to be exact. That's great if you don't have the stifling iron Autopac fist in Ontario that we have in Manitoba.