Rear tray under package tray

1bad67cat

I have a speaker box in my trunk, and would like it to sit closer to the seat back, but the tray with the other electronics is in the way. has anyone else relocated that stuff?

Yep.

Mine had the nonfunctioning jbl amp, and ARC ecm. Took it out for same reason. Strapped ARC ecm to shock tower brace I installed then moved sub forward and strapped it to brace as well. The undertray hold downs that go up through the top are a bitch. I cut the ones that were not easy to remove.

As noted, removing that tray is a pain...I tried coming up with a way to relocate everything then decided it was easier to leave things where they were.

I found a sub box (dual 10") with a slanted back and just the right height - the amp is on the angled side against the seat back and the whole thing wedges under the package tray. Added a trim panel which gave me a place to mount the cap & main fuse.

Looks like this:
mKSEcgY1aKd_zZc16HSIX3Q.jpg

SC_Subs.jpg
SC_Sub02a.jpg

Last edited:
very nice setup, KMT. I'm not gonna get too technical. The box I have is a monster, with a 12" Memphis in it. It's a heavy pig. I'll work on removing that tray, and get the box moved up, and braced, so it doesn't move around on me. Thx for the replies. :)

Clean and sexy! I wont even show a pic of mine compared to that! :p
As noted, removing that tray is a pain...I tried coming up with a way to relocate everything then decided it was easier to leave things where they were.

I found a sub box (dual 10") with a slanted back and just the right height - the amp is on the angled side against the seat back and the whole thing wedges under the package tray. Added a trim panel which gave me a place to mount the cap & main fuse.

Looks like this:
mKSEcgY1aKd_zZc16HSIX3Q.jpg

View attachment 60334
View attachment 60335

Thanks - took some time...that wasn't the first box I worked with. I originally had a single 10" in a box that required removing the tray. I laid the tray's contents on the top of the box, but fought trying to secure everything, including the box, so I put the tray back and went shopping for a box that wasn't as tall. It is wedged in nice and tight, so no need for specific mounts, etc. The vertical trim panel hides the tray and provides component mounting, while letting the box sit forward against the seat back and only a couple inches over the spare tire cover so it can still be removed.

It was all a fairly straightforward set up once I figured things out. I can put it all back stock easily if needed. I run an aluminum spare and matching pull handle on the cover. Amp is an old Rockford Fosgate Punch 240.4. Cap is 8 farad w/volt and amp meters. Hits well ;)

Last edited:
I have a 10'' sub in band pass box that I wedged under my already broken under tray. Pulled tray when I did rear shock tower brace. Now arc is cable tied to brace and sub is strapped to brace as well.

Back