My FMIC Build

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
31x12x3 Core from CX Racing from ebay
(2) 2.75" pipe kits from ebay
1 Case of coors light from walmart
2 Awesome Sccoa Buddies for help (Thanks again nmcbchief and Jeff Bratton!!)

Total investment 365$

I still need to repaint the top two pipes to hide the welds but it turned out great! no leaks! and minimal couplers! (6 total) I will say though i ordered bare pipe with the intention of paint or powdercoat and they sent black which at the time seemed cool but it really sucked bad! the crap was powdercaoted so it was a royal pain in the butt the get that stuff off to weld it!! So far the act's seem to hover around 8/10f above ambient and it recovers FAST from boost! The return is the short pipe which seemed to me like a logical way to do it and the return is ice cold compared to the inlet pipe.

Tools :

Milwaukee 14" abrasive chop saw
Black and decker 4.5" angle grinder with a flapper wheel
Deburing tool (for inside of pipes)
Everlast tig welder (thanks for bringing it Nmcbchief!)
DeWalt 1/4" drive cordless impact (very handy for use on the super fine thread clamps when you have to take them on and off a zillion times durring fabrication)

Last edited:
IMG_20140421_080843_572_zps8122698c.jpg

Jacob,

Can you post a picture taken from under the front showing where the intercooler core is located relative to the openings and air dam on the bumper cover.

David

Jacob,

Can you post a picture taken from under the front showing where the intercooler core is located relative to the openings and air dam on the bumper cover.

David

Sure! I'll try to snap some pics later. I have some adjustability up and down due to my brackets being slotted I basicly went as high as i could and still get the pips on. I have a funky drive way and lowered SC's drag the air dam a little so i had to keep it high!

I would have gone 4" core but I still run a stock sized radiator and didn't want to block the flow to much. Eventually I will do a v8 radiator and mark viii fans like randy did on his car. Beating on it 80s temp outside I've yet to see over 98f acts

Mine works fine Kurt, that's why I decided to keep it. However if I ever change mine I will go the route that Randy Hunerkoch did with the mark 8 fan and full size radiator.

Ac

Hello Jacob--I'm modeling my FMIC close to what you have. Did you manage to keep your AC/stock condenser? If so any issues with overheating?

Hello Jacob--I'm modeling my FMIC close to what you have. Did you manage to keep your AC/stock condenser? If so any issues with overheating?

No issues whatsoever! I still have AC and didn't have to hack anything up. Also I dont have anything hanging down to get hung up. The ACT's are downright awesome, It makes the car 10x easier to work on too! The only thing i had to ditch was the washer tank, I have an early washer tank to resolve this whenever i get around to messing with it.

Back