DIS Wiring Harness

T-Bird SC

Hello fellow Super Coupers!

I have a 1995 Ford Thunderbird SC that I bought with bad motor. I dropped a different motor in it and I have come across a small issue. I have a wire plug thingy that i cant find where it plugs into. Where the heck does this thing plug into? Would this not being plugged in cause the car to have no spark?

IMG_2110.jpg

Thanks!

Looks like the connection to the crank sensor harness. Should be a harness coming up from behind the crank pulley that it plugs into.

David

you think? Its just not very long though. Ill have to try it tonight. Ill let you know if it is or not. Thanks for your help!

you think? Its just not very long though. Ill have to try it tonight. Ill let you know if it is or not. Thanks for your help!

The crank sensor has it's own harness that reaches close to the bottom of the supercharger, look for the connector near the cam position sensor.

David

Forget what I said about the harness coming off the crank sensor, that is only true for 89-93 SCs. For 94-95 SCs it uses a different type sensor that doesn't have a harness, so that connector you showed, actually plugs onto the sensor. Here's a link with a picture of the sensor. If you look at the side view of the sensor you can see how it looks like the same type of connection your photo has.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...N-j1hs2Z9gslr?itemIdentifier=195803_726118_0_

David

Thanks!!

WOW I found it! I plugged it in and thanks to you, I just now got to hear my T-Bird run for the first time, and let me tell you she runs well! Quick question... My Bird has 160,000 miles on it. Is that a lot of miles? The car is completely stock except for mufflers. Are they expensive to own? And are they pretty reliable?

Thanks!

WOW I found it! I plugged it in and thanks to you, I just now got to hear my T-Bird run for the first time, and let me tell you she runs well! Quick question... My Bird has 160,000 miles on it. Is that a lot of miles? The car is completely stock except for mufflers. Are they expensive to own? And are they pretty reliable?

Thanks!

Happy to hear that got it going.

I'm not really a good person to answer your other questions because my SCs are so heavily modified, that pretty much everything in the drive train has been upgraded at least once and my car hasn't been stock since about 1999, when it only had 70K or so miles.

David

Okay thanks for your help though!

I've owned several SC's (30+) and currently have 2 that are stock and 2 that are modified in different forms. These cars in the stock form are rather reliable, especially the 94/95s. I have an '89 five speed currently as my daily driver with 205K on the clock and its very reliable. Obviously the loaded part is around the level of preventative care and driving habits you and the prior owners had...this will also go hand in hand with the expected longevity. Tune ups, oil changes etc obviously go a long way with any car.

On any SC the first thing a new owner should read up on is Head Gasket Failure. Again the more you beat on and or race the car the more likely you'll be visiting this...probably the #1 reason these cars get such a bad wrap and name. Regular Tune ups and responsible driving can prevent this problem. Also most of the 94+ cars were warranty covered for a new engine from Ford - Might be something to see if it happened for yours.

Second item I would look into is the harmonic balancer. These are the 2nd weakest link. I've never personally had on fail on a late model 94/95 however I swapped em both for a BHJ and never looked back.

Lastly, with anything on this car a shop will try to rape you on costs because it appears complicated. This forum and ability to turn a wrench will save you thousands.

-Tim

yah i turn my own wrench. I have found that parts arent too expensive. If the HG's go, than i will do even that myself. Thanks!

Back