OEM 17x7 SVT Cobra R Wheels SOLD!

Xounlistedxox

SOLD,

Located in Sacramento, CA

Up for sale is a rare set of wheels. These are OEM Ford Racing 17x7" SVT Cobra R Wheels in a 5x108 5x4.25" bolt pattern +39mm offset 5.57" backspacing part #F6SV-1007-AA Made In the USA. These are not aftermarket wheels. Ford stopped making these in the early/mid 2000's. From what I understand these were designed for a 1998 SVT Thunderbird that never made it to production. Ford sold these wheels even though they didn't make the SVT TBird. They have Michelin 225 50 17 tires with plenty of tread left. As you can see in the pictures the rims are in pretty good condition with some minor curb rash. All 4 have their original center caps.

Here's some info about the SVT Thunderbird that coulda been
http://www.angelfire.com/il/tbird94/Svt.html

These are currently on my 1989 Thunderbird SC, but I've had so much interest in the wheels by themself I've decided to put them up for sale.

Will entertain serious offers.

20140502_075135_zpsvmd4hgic.jpg

20140502_075121_zps5mcmiwu1.jpg

20140502_075153_zpsk892tqei.jpg

20140502_075206_zpstawtwiay.jpg

20140502_115924_zpsphuppsij.jpg

20140502_120223_zps7m7h6uix.jpg

20140502_120240_zpssgy19vzz.jpg

20140502_120248_zps7pdvfevw.jpg

Last edited:
no one? I removed them from the car since I've had a lot of interest while they were on the car, now that they're off the car all I hear is crickets. I will take $500 for the set wheels/tires/center caps.

I believe I have these same wheels on my 89. I'll have check and see if mine are ford stamped as well. Believe they are 17 x 7s, look exact though. Had mine for over 10 years, just as high quality as a factory wheel. They hold up great. Mine are in near perfect shape.

Last edited:
Took a wheel off just to check this. Mine are absolutely the same. That's cool, I always referred to them as replicas. Makes me want to keep them now. What did you end up getting out of yours if you don't mind my asking? Pm me

No wonder these mount right up to the hubs perfectly and the replicas on Sarah's car are a pain.

I have a set of the prototype (SVT Thunderbird) wheels that these wheels were made from.

Are you referring to the magnesium ones?

If I recall correctly the magnesium (or another light alloy...not aluminum) ones were the actual 1996 "prototype tbird" SVT wheels. Then Ford produced the same wheels in aluminum for the later model tbirds and sold them in the motorsport catalogue. I want to try to get my hands on a set of those.

I already have another set of prototype tbird wheels :). Its the set of 17" fanblades made by Autokraft that were supposed to go on the 89 SC show car. OEM ford castings, but never made it to production, until they made it on the 93 Mustang cobra but on four lug. Not to be confused with the 15" fanblades that came on the 94+ regular birds. Check out that "E9SC" part number :cool::D

Correct. I've never verified that they are magnesium but I've been told they are by at least one member on this board. The set I have did come from a Mustang salvage/recycle shop here in Kansas City who got them from a Detroit recycle center.

It's been a while since I looked at the backside of the wheel but mine have the casting numbers right by the valve stem. My wheels also accept the Cobra R wheel cap which I have.

I remember talk about the wheels you have on TCCoA back in the day.

Last edited:
Correct. I've never verified that they are magnesium but I've been told they are by at least one member on this board. The set I have did come from a Mustang salvage/recycle shop here in Kansas City who got them from a Detroit recycle center.

It's been a while since I looked at the backside of the wheel but mine have the casting numbers right by the valve stem. My wheels also accept the Cobra R wheel cap which I have.

I remember talk about the wheels you have on TCCoA back in the day.

Yeah...i recall conversations about it. I forgot how it was brought up that they were made out of magnesium, but no one could ever test. I do recall someone compared weights with a later OEM set and they were noticeably lighter.

Yep, i remember the discussions on TCCoA about these wheels. The only other set I know of was from a guy in the south somewhere with a black 94 4.6L car. Not quite sure how many sets were actually produced.

Back