Another brake question

shocar4

Been searching and can't find the exact issues I am having....recently getting antilock light and brake light randomly.....comes and goes and so does hard pedal....new abs relay....abs pump runs sometimes....tonight I got lights again when car sitting in driveway and not touching pedal, I taped on accumulator ball and pump kicked on and lights go out........totally random when it happens or doesn't happen....thanks in advance

It's probably either the pressure switch is on its way out, or possibly the motor brushes are worn down to nubs and are only intermittently making contact.

Next time it's not running, check for power and ground at the 4-pin pump motor connector. (There are two pins for each. The opposite sides match polarity, so check across two adjacent ones to make sure you get both B+ and B-.)

If there is power, but the pump doesn't run, it's the motor.

update~ still intermittent but when it doesnt come on i tap the abs motor just below the master cylinder and it comes right on and builds pressure and all lights go out~

update~ still intermittent but when it doesnt come on i tap the abs motor just below the master cylinder and it comes right on and builds pressure and all lights go out~

Sounds like one of the two things I named is getting ready to croak...

Back