View Full Version : Gauge Pod and other stuff.

05-20-2014, 08:00 PM
I received my new gauge pod last week and after doing some Dremel work on the "A" pillar trim I was ready to assemble everything. I moved all the wiring and the vac/boost line from the first place I had the gauges to the new location. After a couple of hours everything was installed and tested.

05-20-2014, 08:20 PM
looks good jim,are those mech gauges or elctric? if the mech i hope you used the braided line instead of that plastic crap. the plastic lines always leak at the gauges or the sender.

05-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Looks good - how did you attach the pod to the pillar molding?

05-20-2014, 08:54 PM
The oil and temp gauges are electric, the vac/boost is mechanical.
When I originally installed them I made custom "T" fittings for both sensors on both oil and temp so that the cluster temp gauge and oil warning light would still work along with the new gauges.

05-20-2014, 09:07 PM
I used a Dremel to make cut outs in the original A pillar trim to route the wiring through. The gauge pod comes with 2 counter sunk screw holes already molded into it and they provide screws. I drilled holes through the original A pillar trim into the A pillar sheet metal and then used a couple of spare Ford trim screws to hold it all together. There was no hole provided on the low end above the dash so I also added a third screw hole to keep it from squeaking.

05-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Ah...you tapped into the metal pillar - got it, thanks.

05-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Well after a Sunday trip out to Abilene to help Travis with his engine install I continued work on my project today. I had noticed the Anti-Lock and Brake warning lamps had quit working. After about an hour and half of testing the different sections of the harness I found the culprit. Thanks to an over crimped pin at the secondary junction box the wire had broke off at the connecter. Thankfully I had a spare junction box and had it repaired and now everything works again.

06-18-2014, 12:02 PM
I had the new windshield installed this morning. I already had the old windshield out so the installer was done in about 20 minutes. Now for more sanding and body work.