I think I have all the major things out of the way on to the little ones!

jdsgallops

I took the car around the block today finally. Everything seemed fine. Even on that short of a drive it is easy to see why these cars have such a cult following.

Now on to the small issues, almost.

The last two major issues to resolve are the water pump and Power steering rack. I am waiting for my rebate from Advanced Auto to use on these items.

What is the prefered method on bleeding the cooling system? Just remove the bolt and let it run? My fan does not work unless the a/c is on....:(

Where do most wire an intercooler fan to? I have an easy ground on the core support but have had trouble deciding where the best place to draw power from is.

Are interior trim screws available anywhere? Pieces are in decent shape but I am missing a ton of screws. Is there a suitable replacement available at the hardware store?

I have smoke coming from the passenger side manifold. I have double checked the valve cover gaskets, they are tight. Is there anything else that could be letting oil hit them in that area? Or could the tune being off be making the header so hot it would cause this?

Power seat motor. Passenger side works fine. Drivers does not work at all. I haven't had much luck finding info on replacements for this. Suggestions?

Looking forward to actually putting some comfortable miles on this thing!

I do have a decent yard down the street a bit. Even got a Sc power steering pump and pulley from them. Any pull apart is way out of my way to justify the gas down for said parts. There are certain things I do not like buying used. With the issues the seat motors have had I would prefer a new one. Are there rebuild kits available?

I do not have the tune on the car yet and installed 36ers with the stock MAF. Is excess fuel burning in the manifold a possible cause of the smoke coming from it? They do glow a bit white.

Rich or excessive fuel = Black or dark smoke
White smoke = usually is oil consumption, BUT white misty smoke upon startup is normal but should disappear when the engine heats up.

It's not coming out of the pipes but off the manifold itself. I originally assumed greasy hands on reassembly were the culprit as it was bad on first start up and then decreased as the car ran. There is still a faint smoke though coming from that area. I will double check the heater core connections the next it is in the air. Still looking for other possibilities.

It's not coming out of the pipes but off the manifold itself. I originally assumed greasy hands on reassembly were the culprit as it was bad on first start up and then decreased as the car ran. There is still a faint smoke though coming from that area. I will double check the heater core connections the next it is in the air. Still looking for other possibilities.

After rebuilding my engine I had the same issue on mine. I had swapped the valve covers with another spare engine assuming that they should be fine. The passenger side was warp and it was sipping oil on the manifold.
Clearly visible when I laid the cover on a flat surface.

Gaskets are new from the rebuild.

Valve covers are the same ones that came off before disassembly. Still worth checking them though.

Keep them coming!

Back