94 front brake bleed ?

joenintiesc

All I want to do is swap the front Cobra brakes I have on my 90 onto my 94, since I am experiencing a lot of fade since I put new wheels on the 94.

I don't have that special bleeder box for the Teves MK IV unit - please tell me I don't really need it... I just want to purge the air out of the Cobra caliper/brake line after I install it, not do a complete fluid flush. Can I successfully do this just by pumping the pedal and opening the bleeder screw, as long as I make sure the reservoir doesn't empty?

All I want to do is swap the front Cobra brakes I have on my 90 onto my 94, since I am experiencing a lot of fade since I put new wheels on the 94.

I don't have that special bleeder box for the Teves MK IV unit - please tell me I don't really need it... I just want to purge the air out of the Cobra caliper/brake line after I install it, not do a complete fluid flush. Can I successfully do this just by pumping the pedal and opening the bleeder screw, as long as I make sure the reservoir doesn't empty?

That's what I did.

David

i did this a little while ago. replaced all my pads and rotors but didnt use the box, did a bleed like you would normally do, got rid of all the old fluid. was great till the other day when i had to do a panic stop and the abs kicked on. now they're super spongy again, i have to push the pedal so far for a normal stop the firm ride light turns on :eek: so far no shop ive gone to has any idea of what im talking about..

i did this a little while ago. replaced all my pads and rotors but didnt use the box, did a bleed like you would normally do, got rid of all the old fluid. was great till the other day when i had to do a panic stop and the abs kicked on. now they're super spongy again, i have to push the pedal so far for a normal stop the firm ride light turns on :eek: so far no shop ive gone to has any idea of what im talking about..

Bleed them again without letting the reservoir go empty. You probably pushed an air bubble out into the line...

I have the exact same issue.
I replaced the front calipers, rotors and pads with brand new ones. Bleed the system five times, I ran one and half bottle of fluid through system.( system was cleaned a year ago). Still some what spongy.

If you are saying that one seems to know how to fix it in your area, I assume that the likely hood of having someone here who would know how to do it is pretty slim too.
I was going to have NTB look at it, but I would rather not waste any money.

I would like to know if you got yours fixed and how you did.

I have the exact same issue.
I replaced the front calipers, rotors and pads with brand new ones. Bleed the system five times, I ran one and half bottle of fluid through system.( system was cleaned a year ago). Still some what spongy.

If you are saying that one seems to know how to fix it in your area, I assume that the likely hood of having someone here who would know how to do it is pretty slim too.
I was going to have NTB look at it, but I would rather not waste any money.

I would like to know if you got yours fixed and how you did.

Which car? The systems are different between 90 and 93. On mine the brake upgrade made all the difference. I put the Cobra calipers and rotors on the front (the rears are still stock) and the braking is great now. I only bled the fronts and didn't let the reservoir get low.

There is also a brake upgrade you can do using Mustang dual piston PBR calipers too...

If typical/proper bleeding on the fronts doesn't yield the desired results, perhaps the brake lines have deteriorated inside and need to be replaced.

Back