No start solution?

bowez

Still fighting my no start/restart. I had a crushed return fuel line repaired that and now issue has gotten worse. I just sprayed Brake Cleaner (no starter fluid on hand) in the Manifold and fired right up, been trying for a couple hours to get it start.

Looking at a FPR? My gauge is shot right now so no numbers just know I have some pressure and hear pump at start up and jumpered it and can hear on the rail.

See if you can get a fuel pressure gauge at Advance Auto parts, they will lend/rent it to you and check the pressure.
If she fires up with starter fluid some like a pressure problem.
How old is the fuel filter on the frame rail ?
It might be a good idea to change that first and see what happens.
Also check the voltage level going to the fuel pump, up to spec ?

I replaced the filter last week when I repaird the return line. Started fine for a few days then went down hill real quick.

Well the old FPR gave inconsistent pressure and would not hold on leak down. Installed new one and issue may be better but it's still there....

So far I've replaced: fuel lines (damaged), fuel filter, FPR, Spark Plugs, Alternator . Check ICM, and CKP and Coil pack all tested good. FPR now gives consistent 35-40PSI. Reseated chip, tightened grounds, and EEC connector. Balancer is tight no wobble

Cranks but does not start/restart. If let it sit long enough it will restart for now....
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Runs like a champ once started all the way into the red line.

Replaced TPS and IAC with known good ones.

Wow some one else in AR

Checked this morning (after returning FP gauge) and decided to pull wire off at coil and NO spark on any of the coils. Let it sit for a minute and spark comes back.

Misread direction and blew my LED test light but looks like either DIS (have a LLT warranty on it) or Coil Pack.

...decided to pull wire off at coil and NO spark on any of the coils. Let it sit for a minute and spark comes back.

And it still passed the coil and DIS tests in that linked procedure above? Ouch...intermittent faults are the worst. Do you have a spare coil?

Ran the ICM up to Advance Auto and they got a fail too WOOTT!!!

Got a new one under warranty coming.

No spare coil but I find it unlikely for all 3 to be bad.

Got it today, even came with Heat Sink Compound (no, not silver based but hey, clear stuff).

Idles better, more vacuum and most importantly it restarts... for now.... Takes about 2secs to start.

Only bobbled once on the way home but think may be O2 or plugs cleaning.

Back