PDA

View Full Version : It went to a good home

ALS35
06-08-2014, 11:42 AM
I guess I can let this cat out of the bag.
I am the member that is providing a new home for the '93 stick that Bruce culled from his herd. I am not going to use it as a parts car.
I always wanted a five speed and I wasn't quick enough to get the one that Paul snagged.
My plan is to always have an SC to drive. It will get some mods with parts I have and parts that are coming off my auto car later this month. It has some speed goodies already but it has never been tuned. There is a bunch of cosmetic stuff to do but the car is a rare rust free Ontario car. The interior is pristine and the paint is pretty good. I will learn to live with the hail marks on the roof.
First things first though. Insurance, e test and plates. The car is drive ready, and I know this because Bruce drove it to my house.
Now I have two to suck money from my wallet. I could not be happier!
Alan

fast Ed
06-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Congrats Alan ... 3 pedals gives these cars a whole different feel. Enjoy!

cheers
Ed

T1Bird
06-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the Stick Side Alan, I think you will enjoy the car more on the road then your autobox

shoalcracker
06-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Congrats All.

I like flipping between the auto and stick.

Sure you'll get the same satisfaction.

Paul

91bird
06-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Congrats Al, good to see it go to another member. That car is real nice.

Drew

HoseHead
06-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Congrats All.

I like flipping between the auto and stick.

Sure you'll get the same satisfaction.

Paul

Until you "clutch" the left side of the automatic brake pedal for an unscheduled antilock brake test .........

Al was like a giddy school girl when I dropped off this car yesterday .... like we all have been when aquiring a new ride.

It also think I saw Al's neighbours looking out their windows like Mrs. Kravitz saying, "Oh crap, he got another one" after we de-plated her.

A nice car that provided me with 10 years, almost to the day, of great fun.
Even when it was in for a safety on Saturday morning, every body in the building came over to see this old Ford with a 5 spd, blower, independant suspension, ARC, 4 wheel disc brakes, power seats both sides, leather, super clean under carriage and it's wicked stance - yes they said "wicked". They were ricers.

I'm very pleased it went to a perfectionist.

Bruce

Al - Still owe you a glove box and a mirror switch.

Tony - We're even, Thank you. I'm sure Al told you what happened.