m5r2 shift spring

kw90supercoupe

Do all stock m5r2 trans seem to spring back to center only in 5th and reverse. I took the shifter and top under the shifter and see that their is only one spring to bring the shifter back to center. Is that fixed with a rip shifter or is their problems with this 5sp.

There is a spring for that, that attaches where the ball on the lower end of the shifter arm sits in a cup on the shift rod. It's bent real funny and mounts to the shift rod. The Ripper does not have any springs in it. There is also a spring like post on the left side of the tranny housing in line with the cup on the shift rod to push it back towards center. Let me know if you want to see a photo.

Yea i would like to see a pic. The one that mounts on the side is their. But the bent one that attaches to the bottom is not. Does it have a special name

I believe this is what Mike is talking about.

20140605_211548_zps54eb5803.jpg

I did find that I have an extra. I wasn't sure if I wanted to sell it or not in case I ever need one but I've never had one break so I can probably stand to part with it. I also checked a site I get M5R2 parts from and they didn't have one either. I haven't checked Southern Gear yet though. I'll try them this afternoon. I hope $25 shipped isn't too much if you'd like this one.

Back