Question about door

layinthesmack31

I went to open my passenger side door yesturday and i pulled the handle and the door wouldnt open. i was like huh? and then i put the window down and opened it from the outside and it opened just fine. does anyone possibly know what might cause the door to do this and what i can do to fix it? well i am storing my car tomorrow so i have plenty of time to fix it but i just want it to be cheap ya know :) well please offer any suggestions. thanks guys
Matt

there is a rod that runs inside the door to the handle it plobably fell off or bent just enough so it doesn't work...Bill

Pull the door panel and you will see that rod inside the door coming from the handle. There is a yellow plastic clip that that rod attaches to near the latch. If the clip has broken it won't let the door handle work.
I think this is a Ford only piece but it is a pretty simple process to replace.

i had this happen to me too, the clip does not always break, sometimes it just comes off the handle (for a while my door handle would open teh door, but then stick out until i pushed it back into normal position which caused a gear grinding type noise) i was all ready to buy a new handle until the junkyard wanted like $25 bux for one so i decided to see if i could fix it myself, i felt around in the door and found a little clip that had popped loose, i pushed it back in (pushed it twords outside of door) and heard the same clicking that came with the door handle being pushed into place, anyway after that the door handle has worked fine (been about 2 months since i did that)

has your car had any body work done recently, i know mine was painted earlier this year and i know they took the handles out, im guessing they didnt clip the piece on tight enough.

cool thanks i will definetly look at for the clip. i did have body work done in july but it wasnt on that side of the car so i dont know what that would have dont that. i was looking on the door panel and where abouts are the screws that hold it in place? i am not sure where to look. thanks again
Matt

Back