PDA

View Full Version : Strange Beeping

Quik95SC
06-19-2014, 12:35 PM
has anyone ever heard a strange beeping sound coming from the area where the ecu is located. I can either turn the key to run or start the car and I get almost a chime that is I think 5 beeps long a short pause and it doe sit again about 5 times.

I have never heard it before. The only thing I have done prior to this happening is I have disconnected both harnesses from the gauge cluster to install my custom gauges and tapped of the proper signal wires for the gauges. All the new gauges work just fine.

I goes away after the 4th or 5th round of beeping and it doesn't do it again until I restart the car or put the key into the run position.

Anyone have any thought on what this could be? It is a 95 Auto SC BTW.

Smitty

KMT
06-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Anyone have any thought on what this could be? It is a 95 Auto SC BTW.

Drop the glove box and see if the door/seatbelt chime back there is the source. Random beeps from it tho would perhaps indicate an issue with one of those sensors.

racecougar
06-19-2014, 10:59 PM
That would be the airbag module. Did you happen to interrupt the airbag warning lamp circuit, or remove the bulb from the instrument cluster?

Edit: Just noticed this part: "The only thing I have done prior to this happening is I have disconnected both harnesses from the gauge cluster to install my custom gauges and tapped of the proper signal wires for the gauges." That would do it. The airbag module thinks the warning lamp bulb is burnt out.

Quik95SC
06-20-2014, 10:50 AM
That would be the airbag module. Did you happen to interrupt the airbag warning lamp circuit, or remove the bulb from the instrument cluster?

Edit: Just noticed this part: "The only thing I have done prior to this happening is I have disconnected both harnesses from the gauge cluster to install my custom gauges and tapped of the proper signal wires for the gauges." That would do it. The airbag module thinks the warning lamp bulb is burnt out.

Thanks Rod I will check this out next time I am working on the car. I appreciate the help on this one.

Smitty

BLOWN38
06-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Yup air bag module. When I ditched mine had to unplug the module.