Spark plug wires need replacing

derekhay316

My spark plug wires need replacing (They are the originals that came with the car) and I was just wondering if there was an easy way for me to install them. Maybe get at the plugs from the bottom of the car or something (with minimal taking off of engine parts). I think I might of seen a tutorial for this a while ago somewhere. Has anyone seen it? My plugs are fine (just put in motocraft plugs about 1000 miles ago). Also what plug wires should I get? How much do they cost. I wanna stay under about $60. Thanks for the help.

Spark Plug Wires

There are some wires on eBay right now that are made by Borg-Warner for the SC.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872621926&rd=1

I bought a set for $24.00, which included shipping, several months ago from the same guy and have had absolutely no problems with them. They have nice molded silicone boots similar to Motorcraft's and decent snap on connectors for attachment to the coilpack. Just be sure to use plenty of silicone grease on both ends.

Most people recommend the OEM wires as a best bet however they are a little more pricey.

Magnecors are also said to be good and they are very pricey.

MN12performance has a nice "How-To" write-up on their website regarding plug and wire replacement. The diagram saved me from hooking up my new wires wrong.

Here's the link: http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/sparkplugs/sparkplugs.htm

Hope this helps...good luck!

When I did mine I had someone up top feed them down through the holes so they could be properly run. It was east from underneath the car. Also I would stick with OEM so you don't have ANY troubles. Don't wanna do this 19 times. I got my motorcraft wires from Murrays..a local auto parts store that sells motorcraft items and it only cost me 35.99! I think there something like 39.99 right now. Small price to pay to keep it running good.

WIRES

I would say that if you are on a budget, go with motorcraft as said above. For a few more bux though...I run the accel extreme9000's they are spiral cores and shot with heat treatment...Since I put these wires on I have ZERO problems with plugs and wires in the past two years...They still look and feel like new...THey were 70-80 bux though...close to your budget...Some others have had good luck with Taylor wires as well...And I think they were even closer to your 60bux...

Far as doing it...Taking off the air intake tube/MAF/filter assembly would make it easy to get to the RH front two wires...If you run your arm between the shock tower area and the A/C pump you can just fit your arm in there to get a good grip on the wire for a sure fit...The RH rear wire is gonna be an under the car job...

On the LEFT, you can do all of them easily from the bottom...

Cheers

Tailor vertex makes a good set, they're 8mm silicone good up to 600 degrees. you can also get them in black, red, blue, yellow, orange, purple, teall, white, pink, an lime, for only 55 bucks. they also come with a lifetime warranty. pt #074669 Tailor spiro-pro.
peace, joe

Back