Help me remember my caliper options!

joenintiesc

Way back when I upgraded to MK8 spindles/end links on my 90 SC. Then I upgraded to Cobra brakes with SS brake lines in the front. Then a few weeks ago I took the Cobra setup an swapped it onto my 94 (and found out the SS lines would not swap over because the line side fitting is different).

So now I need to put calipers back on the 90 (after I swap out the ABS unit...).

I can't use the stock calipers I took off the 94, correct? They won't bolt up right, right?

If I were to buy new calipers from RockAuto since they're cheap enough, do I buy calipers for a 90, or for a 93, since I upgraded the spindles?

Or I could also go with the Mustang GT PBR calipers, preferably from 03 since the banjo bolts are the same? And just grind a bit of the spindle down?

Either case, I would also need rotors from a 93 SC, correct?

Lol, am I remembering all of this correctly? :confused:

Joe, since you have the later spindles, you could put stock 94 brakes on to the 90. You need 91-97 Bird rotors, and yes, you could use the Mustang V6/GT PBR calipers and brackets as well instead of the 94 SC units.

cheers
Ed

Joe, since you have the later spindles, you could put stock 94 brakes on to the 90. You need 91-97 Bird rotors, and yes, you could use the Mustang V6/GT PBR calipers and brackets as well instead of the 94 SC units.

cheers
Ed

Thanks Ed! That's great that I can just throw the 94 calipers on there for now. (I guess I should have just test fitted them...). I knew I didn't trust my memory! :eek:

Back