flowmaster muffler or magnaflow?

bigcletus94

getting my whole exhaust system on Wednesday for 850 installed. Only thing I couldn't decide on is the rear mufflers. Should I go with flowmaster or magnaflow? I am using a magnaflow res in the middle. The guy was suggesting I go with the flowmasters. I want a nice sound that is beefy sounding but not too loud. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:
Haven't heard how the Magnaflow sounds, but I have the Flowmaster Delta 40's and I have heard the Dynomax on a friends car, and they both sound the same, except mine is louder (catless). Don't expect a v8 sound. It wont sound like a 5.0 mustang or cobra, or a camaro. It will sound different, but not ricey.

Al

are you happy with the way yours sounds? It was the delta 40's they guy was recommending to me.

I realize it won't sound like a V8. I keep thinking back to a couple of years ago when me and about 10 of my buddies went to Vegas. We rented a Prowler and the exhaust on that thing was very nice. It almost sounded like a V8 and those things only have 3.5L V6s I believe. That really proved to me that a V6 can sound awesome.

Yeah, I'm happy with the way mine sounds. It sounds louder down low (rpm wise) than it does up high. Not too loud but nice. Don't put the DElta 40's in without a resonator though, it soundskind of drone-ish!

Al

I have BOTH

I got Flowmasters on my 90SC & Magnaflows on my 94SC.

I like them both...The magnaflows IMO sound better in the high notes "rpm's" and the flowmasters 40series sound pretty good in all rpm ranges...I just like the deep tone, and the radical sound that the Mags put out, I think it sounds like a ferarri at high R's...Also My 94 with the Mags has more drone inside the car at cruise than the 90 does with flows...So whatever you choose I think you are gonna like it regardless...

lata

Mufflers

I have Magnaflows on my SC. I'm not running a resonator and they are pretty loud at idle. They sound good to me but I agree w/Cudaz101 that they do drone on the freeway, but nothing a stereo can't fix.

I used to have that same setup. Magnaflow resonator and 2 Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. It sounded great.

I wanted it to be more aggressive, so I took the mufflers off :)

Well

Guess that if you have the right gears, the drone is not gonna be an issue...Cuz once you get past 2K it flatens out pretty nice...On a freeway at 75+ you would be in a pretty tame sounding car, as far as what you are gonna hear inside with the Magnaflows...BTW...I got mine on sale at JEGS, and went with the stainless, since the buy was so strait...Wish I could get some sound clips of both of them for ya, but no can do. Sorry...

Cheers

Back