help!..i am in major thermostat trouble right now...

35tbird

yeah..heres the problem..i'm changing my thermostat..and i cant get the old stat out of the housing..it's jammed in there..it only moves a tiny bit to the left and right...i cant pry it out or anything...does anyone have any advice?..the problem is i need my car by tomorrow morning..arghh....

thanks

if its the stock one...there are locking tabs on it. You need to rotate it counterclockwise and it should come right out.

it is stock..but the problem is it only rotates about a tenth of an inch..i tried pulling and turning..and pushing as well..nothing....should this be hand tight?..cause it wont even move w/ pliers...thanks

salute
kevin

well i'd say keep at it....just twist it...dont pull. It should be tough...then it'll snap free, then you can pull it right out. If not..just rip it out of there.....cut it off if you have to. You can always buy a new one for 2 bucks.

thanks for the help..i tried it...and nothing...i dunno..any suggestion s for cutting it free...cause i now missed my commitment today and my car wont run.......this is bad...

thanks

Back