Power Window Speed

KMT

So both of the motors in my power windows are in great shape and the tracks are lubed and I can't find anything binding or worn, etc. but why is my driver's side window not as fast as the pass. side - this isn't normal, right?

KMT it could be the power motor on the slower side is worn if all else checks out.
I replaced both window motors in my 95 about 2 years ago with New units and they are both very quick going up and down.

Yeah, thanks but it's new less than a month. The top center stabilizer was really tight, but backing it off a bit didn't change anything. Pretty weird. Maybe I'll just replace the whole door :)

Dumb question, but did you check voltage and grounds. On my anny it ran slow and it was the ground. On the 89sc it was the switch not allowing full voltage. Corrected groung on anny and replaced switch on 89. Fixed both.

Mine did the same thing...The felt that is in the rubber channel that the window rides up and down in is worn away...I replaced it and all is well....The channel was applying to much friction to the glass and was slowing it down....

Last edited:
Mine does the same thing...The felt that is in the rubber channel that the window rides up and down in is worn away...I replaced it and all is well....The channel was applying to much friction to the glass and was slowing in down...

I've swapped out the rear vertical channel in the past, but I'll revisit it, thanks.

Dumb question, but did you check voltage and grounds. On my anny it ran slow and it was the ground. On the 89sc it was the switch not allowing full voltage. Corrected groung on anny and replaced switch on 89. Fixed both.

Ah...switch - interesting. I've had to rework the driver's side, but it might help to swap it out if I can find my spares :)

I've added one-touch to both sides, but I haven't sniffed the grounds, so I'll try that, thanks.

Back