91 SC Auto-temp blend door actuator????

ecyrbh

My 91 with Auto-temp control is throwing codes E2 and E7 on the display...How difficult or accessible is it to replace the Blend door actuator that may or may not be causing these codes????....My factory service manual doesn't have a R&R procedure...Hopefully,I don't have to pull the dash!!!....Thanks,Bryce

blend door

My 91 with Auto-temp control is throwing codes E2 and E7 on the display...How difficult or accessible is it to replace the Blend door actuator that may or may not be causing these codes????....My factory service manual doesn't have a R&R procedure...Hopefully,I don't have to pull the dash!!!....Thanks,Bryce
i think that blend door is in the middle of the dash(benind the radio but futher back and lower).

Can it be accessed without having to pull the dash???

It's a pain to get rear to get to, NOT FUN!!!!! The blend door is inside the housing under the dash.
To get to it you must remove almost all the HVAC housing to get to it.

What makes you think the blend door or related is bad ??

The display on the dash is showing fault codes E2 and E7...according to my ford service manual,they read," unable to calibrate"....Are these cars known for breaking blend doors like some other Ford and GM products???

Anyone??....surely someone has seen where it is located when parting one out,or replacing a heater or evaporator core....Just remember its 91 with Auto Temp Control...Pleas help,I don't want to pull the dash if I don't have to....I did notice on some of the threads that I searched,some people reported that they replaced the ICRM and fixed the problem....

Last edited:
Back