verry hard to start warm.

kw90supercoupe

Ok so i suvessfully swapped my 90 auto to a 5sp. I used a 90 5sp dash harness. Runs fine but have a chech engine light on and if i start it back up when its warm it cranks for a while and after a whill will start. When u first start up cold or halfway warm the rpm shoots up to atleast 1,500 then drops down. What sensor could this be. Or could it be less weight to turn flywheel without the torque converter. I was gonna try and lower the idle with the screw on the tb.

Could be an O2 sensor...or not :) Are they both still connected after the swap?

Did you check the codes yet?

Not sure what code yet dosent the engine have to be at normal temp to check code. Thats what the manual said i think

Manifold absolute pressure out of range, coolent temp open circuit open, tps out of range high, air charge temp circute open, clutch switch open, fuel pump circuit open. Thoes were with key on and engine off. Didnt flash while running. Clutch switch works tho. But i didnt change the computer behind the glove box when i did the swap.

Off hand, I'd say those point to a disconnected harness or two...and/or grounds....or blown/wrong EEC?

5 Speeds and Autoboxes do not use the same EEC. Guessing most of your issues are coming from that.

Cheers

That was what i was thinking. But i was told that since the auto runs off of throttle linkage its not controllef by the computer. But i think the computer has to know the clutch stuff. I may have to try the computer swapp. Cause it worked fine till the harness swapp.

No not yet i got a parts car pulled a bunch of stuff but forgot the computer. I can get it out of the car sat i think. So their diffrent from auto to 5sp in 90?

No not yet i got a parts car pulled a bunch of stuff but forgot the computer. I can get it out of the car sat i think. So their diffrent from auto to 5sp in 90?

Perhaps your problem is in the ECM.
I have a 5 speed ECM out of a 1990 if you think that's the problem.

Back