Teflon IC Gaskets

Les Borda

I'm dating myself but I had these on my 90 XR7 and someone in the club was making and selling them, they worked fabulous. I had those tubes on and off so many times and never had a leak issue.

Is anyone making them or does anyone have them for sale?

The only time i ever had IC leaks was with these stupid things! Highly recomend against them! just use black RTV

Got them off Ebay, thanks.

That is odd I never ever had a single problem with those gaskets, watch now that I bought them I will for the 1st time LOL. I will be PO'd they charged an extra 8 bucks import duty to Canada which is nothing but a CASH grab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got them off Ebay, thanks.

That is odd I never ever had a single problem with those gaskets, watch now that I bought them I will for the 1st time LOL. I will be PO'd they charged an extra 8 bucks import duty to Canada which is nothing but a CASH grab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More reason to just use black RTV lol ohh well good luck the one on the blower top you end up stripping the bolts out to get it tight enough to seal its a joke!

Ford / Motorcraft Ultra Sealant works great, and the colour almost matches the paint on the IC tubes as well ... so if you get some extra slop, you hardly notice it!

cheers
Ed

I used the teflon gaskets on the i/c tubes for years and didn't have one leak or problem..............

original oem teflon sealing tape

If those gaskets don't work out for you I have the original Gore Gasket Tape which was originally used. Rtv silicone should never be used because of likely hood of it breaking off and being sucked into the engine. This is the same tape SuperCoupePerformance sells for $35 plus shipping. I'll sell for $30 free shipping. Operating Ranges on tape are -450degrees F to +600degreesF. Full vacuum to 3000 psig (full vacuum to 210 Bar) PH 0-14 (inert with all common chemicals)

If those gaskets don't work out for you I have the original Gore Gasket Tape which was originally used. Rtv silicone should never be used because of likely hood of it breaking off and being sucked into the engine. This is the same tape SuperCoupePerformance sells for $35 plus shipping. I'll sell for $30 free shipping. Operating Ranges on tape are -450degrees F to +600degreesF. Full vacuum to 3000 psig (full vacuum to 210 Bar) PH 0-14 (inert with all common chemicals)

I used to use the Gore Gasket Tape until I tried RTV back in 2002....been using the RTV ever since. BTW, the Gore Gasket Tape sucks for sealing awkward angles like you get when adding a raised top.

David

Same here Dave used RTV for a long time then I found these teflon gaskets and they worked great.

LOL ya add a raised top and suddenly all the angles change. I ended up with the inter-cooler having no supports except the pipes and it never moved an inch.

Good to see you again Dave

Agreed

The tape does not do well with a raised top. i use RTV and apply a very thin layer to both sides. No big bead to get into the IC or engine.

Back