throttle body question

ghostryder

why does some SC have a throttle body with the coolant flowing threw it and some don't? can you put a non cooled one on a car that has one with coolant? I also noticed the throttle stops are different as in the throttle stop screw has a slot to turn it and adjust it and one different . the years I noticed were the 89-90

why does some SC have a throttle body with the coolant flowing threw it and some don't? can you put a non cooled one on a car that has one with coolant? I also noticed the throttle stops are different as in the throttle stop screw has a slot to turn it and adjust it and one different . the years I noticed were the 89-90

Apparently Ford felt there could be issues with throttle body icing originally so the throttle body in the early years received coolant. Later years this was discontinued. You should be able to swap the different types as long as the throttle position sensor is in the right position and the throttle cable hookup is the same. Mustang throttle bodies won't work without modification because the throttle cable hookup is different.

can you put a non cooled one on a car that has one with coolant?

Certainly - and this is exactly what happens with various aftermarket TBs, where their installation directions explain how to substitute a short length of appropriate diameter pipe/tubing, etc.

Back