Aluminum Door Sills Round 2

Slater85

SCCoA Member
Hey Guys,

I've been tossing around the idea of doing another run of the door sills for everyone who missed out the first time around. First, I want to get everyone's opinion on how long I should have ordering open for since I don't want you guys to have to wait too long from the date of payment. Also I want to make sure my timing is ok for most since i know there's car shows coming up.

I only plan on making the designs that were ordered the first time around since all the drawings and programs have already been created. This will also be the last run of sills.

I was planning on opening ordering next week the 14th and have it open until I start production. I have a trip planned at the end of this month so I would more than likely start production around August 4th. Since I already have these dialed in they should ship 2-3 weeks after that. Let me know what you guys think and if this works for everyone.

If you are new to the sill project here's the link for the first run. Gives you a good idea on price, finishes available, and pictures.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?132212-Aluminum-Door-Sills

Ordering is now open until August 4th, hopefully 3 weeks is long enough for everyone to get their orders in. I mentioned after the first run there was going to be a price increase, well there was it's about 10%. I also added a Clear Anodize option to the polished Door Sills this time around.

**CHROME SILLS- The chrome sills are somewhat of a problem this time around. My chrome plater had a difficult time the first time around with the sills because of the length of them. I was actually barely able to get enough "good" sills the first time to fill in orders and got stuck with a bunch of bad ones that had chrome issues which I eventually stripped off. This time around my plater wants to build special racks to hold the sills vs. wiring them up individually to not only make it easier for him but ensure good quality chrome.

With that being said, the current price for Chrome Sills is $195.00 a pair. The extras cost is coming from a price increase per part that I have to pay for the racks being made. Normally the chroming company does not charge these fees but since this is not a part they chrome normally and I can't give them a number on how many I will be chroming, im being charged for them. But if I can get at least 12 orders of Chrome sills the rack fee will be waived since the quantity will offset the trouble. If we hit 12 orders I will refund $20 to everyone who pays $195.00

Current number of Chrome Orders: updated 07/15/14
1. David Neibert
2. Kurt Kreisz
3. James Cook
4. Stephen Richards
5. Tim Groth
6. Rod (racecougar)
7. David Dalke
8. Greg (myself )

Here is the link to the online store where you can order the sills:

*******ORDERING IS CLOSED*******

******SHIPPED ORDERS************

1. Carlene Pruett
2. Scott Nash
3. Tim Groth
4. Thierry Pierard
5. Rod Maksimovich
6. Eric Higginbotham
7. Zack Sullivan
8. James White
9. Ray Bauer
10. James Cook
11. Rodney Brown
12. Brian Wells
13. Kurt Kreisz
14. David Neibert
15. Damon Baumann
16. Randall Morse
17. Jeff Sallaz
18. Patricia Eckard
19. Stephen Richards
20. Paul Wark
21. Matthew Stoner
22. Christopher Gates
23. Andy McMurty

10/29/2014
24. Jeramie Schall
25. Matthew Mooney
26. Daniel Boyd
27. Jeffrey Steinert
28. Joseph Minahan

10/30/2014

29. Corey Binkiewicz
30. Tom Joy
31. Joseph Brauner
32. David Dalke
33. Brandon Wanner
34. Ken Schell
35. Paul Sharples
36. Michael Inch
37. Maciej Piotrowski

10/31/2014

38. Christopher Vining

Thanks,
Greg.

Last edited:
For those of you who are thinking about adding these sills it is one of the best modifications I made to the interior of my car! on entry and exit of the car it is the first thing you see and the look amazing!

Attachments

• sills.jpg
    sills.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 1,394
Will the black anodized be available again? I didn't see any prices for that. All I saw were prices for polished and chrome ($120 and $155?)

Thanks

2 sets

For those of you who are thinking about adding these sills it is one of the best modifications I made to the interior of my car! on entry and exit of the car it is the first thing you see and the look amazing!

Will take 2 sets

The Black anodized contrast sills will be made again. I will also be offering a clear anodize option to the polish sills this time around.

Chrome is going to be my only problem, If i cant get enough orders on chrome sills than the price will go up dramatically. I'll know the chrome minimum before I post up ordering details.

Definitely in for 1 set of black anodized and 1 set of chrome in the pattern shown above in Dave's black anodized set.

Last edited:
You can put me down for two set's just like these.

attachment.php

I'm interested in 1 or 2 more sets also.

The chrome sills made the first go around are beautiful and now all my other SC's need these. :)

Thanks!

-Tim

Back