Urgent Help needed on Roller Rocker Pedestals

Super XR7

Urgent Help needed on Roller Rocker Pedestals / NEW TOP PICTURES

I need to reduce the pedestals on my scorpion roller rockers by .025" to .031". Would it be ok to remove the material from the bottom or should I machine the seat that the rockers set in? I have a machine shop so I can do either. I would remove the bottom material with a surface grinder and remove material from the seat area by boring. It would be easier to remove from the bottom but am afraid I would be taking too much. The bottom pad is approx. .220". Would like to do it tommorrow morning and once complete will be able to put engine back in car. Please help.

Mike Tuck
89 Cougar XR7

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Well, with no responces I will take the safest route and remove the material from the rocker seat area.
Attached is a picture of the top that I will be making for my Cougar and if there is any interest will make additional tops for delivery this spring. I will change the top design for the thunderbird and am taking suggestions.

Mike Tuck
89 Cougar XR7

tuck@protomet.com

Did it work?

How did the mods work for the rockers?
How much do you think it would cost to do it again?

How much for the top?
Do you think it will flow better?

Jim

Back to removal of material on the pedistalls. I took of the bottoms on my Ford Roller Rocker Pedistals with no problems. I would be very cautious about the amount you take off though. The math from Ford gave me values like you are looking at but I ended up only having to take off about a third of the calculated values. Everything lined up OK and she she runs through all loads and RPM sweet as can be.
Rock

Back