Broken Clutch Pedal

SoonerSamSC

I'm guessing its a clutch cable but looking for some help on trubleshooting it.. I parked in the garage and seemed fine, I took the battery out to jump my boat and when I went to start it the clutch pedal was totally loose and free..

Help Please??

Sam

The clutch pedal is broken, or it doesn't have any pressure? It's a hydraulic system, not a cable. Maybe you have a leak, or a bad master or slave? Check the reservoir under the hood. Also check that the master is still connected to the pedal.

This happened to me ONCE i though the clutch master cylinder was done or I had a massive leak. I checked the reservoir it was down a little bit, topped it up, pumped the clutch pedal and it came right back up to where it was before. It never happened again, just one time.

Also look underneath the dash there is a black plastic clutch pedal bushing, it may have let go and your pedal is no longer connected to the clutch master cylinder rod.

had a five speed, and the bushing broke and the pedal came off of the master cylinder rod...it was held together with a nice zip tie for a while until i got a new pedal...the old one was completely half mooned...with the proper tools i could have just fixed it but i swapped it out instead.

As mentioned above. Peg is probably worn. There is a very nice write up on this issue. If the bushing is broke odds are the side closest to the fire wall of the peg is flat. That can be built up with welding and ground back down or go and purchase a new to you clutch pedal. If you get a new one I will purchase the old one assuming an agreed upon price can be reached.

Can use this as well. Personally I have had a hose clamp on mine for about 3 years now and no issue.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?112914-Clutch-Pedal-Linkage

Last edited:
Here is a drawing for a replacement clutch pedal linkage pin. If welding in, threads are not required. I made over 40 of these and donated them to the club many years ago. Unfortunately George hasn't been able to find them, so I didn't get them back when Pat and I took over the management of SCCoA.

clutch pedal pin SC.jpg

David

Thank you for all you guys help.. The screw holding the Clutch Reservior fell out and it tilted sideways leaking all the fluid out.

Thanks Again Everyone!!

Back