Weak accumulator ball?

Payton

Pump comes on after every time I press brakes. Is the accumulator getting weak or pump doesn't build up enough pressure?
Thanks

If the pump cuts off, that's under control of the pressure switch, so I'd not worry about the pump too much (yet!)

The accumulator balls DO fail, and this is one of the symptoms of it failing.

Victor over at Spinning Wheels has new ones, any used ones may well be failing the same way due to age (nitrogen leaks out of the container, so not enough pressure on the bladder inside ... )

RwP

One slight problem, Spinning Wheels does not ship to Canada. Even though their check out page is set up for International, it will not accept Canadian shipping.

Last edited:
One slight problem, Spinning Wheels does not ship to Canada. Even though their check out page is set up for International, it will not accept Canadian shipping.

No they do ship to canada. Just spoke to Dianne. They are out of them for two months. Need to find another source.

Thanks Payton it's best I call then then because their check out system will not let you do it.

Hydac is in Toronto and looks like made in Toronto, they have a list of Canadian distributors you might luck out there.

Payton there is an AC Delco equivalent but the places I looked says ships in 1-2 months.
Ebay has a couple.,..here is the links

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Pressure-Accumulator-ACDelco-GM-Original-Equipment-25528382-/111336318111?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ec29649f&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5360.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=ACDelco+25528382+Pressure+Accumulator&_sacat=0&

I don't think these are any different than the ones we use, fairly sure only Tevis braking systems used these, I just saw guys with Buick Grand Nationals looking for them as well for Tevis systems

Last edited:
The GM balls are slightly smaller, so the pump has to run a bit more often.

Also, a lot of the GM balls are NOS, and therefore are already suffering from nitrogen escapement - a new one is MUCH better.

RwP

The AC-Delco ones I found on Ebay are at least new.

Anyone know the Hydac part number, I tried a distributor in Ottawa he kind of knows what I meant but without a part number it's difficult. He said call head office in Toronto but without a part number I feel kind of stupid :eek:

The AC-Delco ones I found on Ebay are at least new.

Anyone know the Hydac part number, I tried a distributor in Ottawa he kind of knows what I meant but without a part number it's difficult. He said call head office in Toronto but without a part number I feel kind of stupid :eek:
Just looked over my old and new ones.. the P/N isn't obvious.. there are descriptions of the specs on the the case, but no obvious P/N. There is a string of hard to read numbers; I'll try to pencil them onto a piece of paper later on. Hard to believe in this day and age that something like that would be missing... but thats what Im seeing. :confused:

I looked at the pic from spinning wheels and I can see how you would have a hard time reading any kind of part number from it. On behalf of Payton thanks the effort of pencil rubbing it.

i hate this crap with Tevis systems when I had mine some company in Texas was rebuilding them and you had to ship them your old core.

You don't want to know how much a reman master cylinder is, $1400 Canadian and that is from rockauto..no accumulator either.

Payton there is an AC Delco equivalent but the places I looked says ships in 1-2 months.
Ebay has a couple.,..here is the links

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Pressure-Accumulator-ACDelco-GM-Original-Equipment-25528382-/111336318111?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ec29649f&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5360.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=ACDelco+25528382+Pressure+Accumulator&_sacat=0&

I don't think these are any different than the ones we use, fairly sure only Tevis braking systems used these, I just saw guys with Buick Grand Nationals looking for them as well for Tevis systems

Keep in mind that the rubber seal/ o'ring will have to be changed. It is a different size on the SC

Last edited:
Read my posy Payton yes there was a company out of Texas the you would send your old core to and they would send you a new one, I think they have disappeared

Payton it WAS Prior Automotive out of Texas that had the accumulators, it seems not anymore I was just on their site.

Keep in mind that the rubber seal/ o'ring will have to be changed. It is a different size on the SC

Hey there, just curious about your statement that you have to change over rubber I ring when using a GM accumulator ball. What type should I use? Can I reuse one from the existing ball? Any specific requirements? Like does
It have to be made out of certain material? Thanks for your help

Payton it WAS Prior Automotive out of Texas that had the accumulators, it seems not anymore I was just on their site.

Might be worth a phone call. I know that a lot of these rebuilders do oddball things in low volume, so they may not advertise.

Anyway, I am sure that they don't rebuild the accumulators themselves. The design would make it uneconomical. A new one is only like $150 anyway.

Back