PDA

View Full Version : trade for a pre smog ford (74 and older)

figulaz
07-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Testing the waters here. So I just got a gift 460 BBF and I want to get it into something cool. I want to trade
my 93 5 spd that is currently down due to head gaskets and past due dmv.I currently owe $950 in back fees as CA dmw maxes out at three years late fees. Car was garaged since about 2002 until it in december 2013 when I bought it. This might make sense for someone out of state where the fees should not apply instead of messing with a rust bucket or in state guy with too many projects. I figure it'll be about feb. (Taxes and work bonus time) before I could put this sc on the road the way I want it and god knows when before I find a decent candidate for the big block. I figure I should stick to one project at a time and trade the sc. It has a cmplete engine with passenger side head off.. built 5spd, centerforce clutch, b&m ripper shifter,hi volume fp..not sure if 190ghp or 255 and 3:55 gears spare short block 94 exhaust manifolds 20 in vagare wheel (not in the best shape)...(for the right deal ford greentop 42# injectors ,80mm C&L kooks headers and griffin rad but i kinda want those for my 92) 7 out 10 for interior and 8 out of 10 shiny white paint ...not selling any parts just looking for a fair trade. Looking at torinos fairlanes mustangs rancheros or something cool that will accommodate a big block with out a lot of fab. Text some pics if interested 619.395.5813,,

pro street rich
07-17-2014, 05:13 PM
I got a "R" code 67 fairlane that might be ready for a new home.. I would be open to some kind of a deal, BUT you would have to come to milwaukee to do the trade and you will need to add to the pot as this is not a cheap car... I would sell it without the 427 and trand to make life better for you. There are kits out there to drop a 460 in there...Just something to think about.....Rich

figulaz
07-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Code r fairlane is some pretty rarified barrett jackson air! ...Hot rod history.Putting in a mild boat engine would be sacrilegious and I could never sweeten the pot enough. I think we'd all like to see pics though! I'm thinking something more roadkillesque weighing less than 4000 lbs and hopefully only two doors i can flat black in my driveway. I'm ordering parts every couple weeks for the sc. .gaskets this week arp bolts and machine work next. I figure a running car might get me a trade on craigslist.61251

pro street rich
07-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Code r fairlane is some pretty rarified barrett jackson air! ...Hot rod history.Putting in a mild boat engine would be sacrilegious and I could never sweeten the pot enough. I think we'd all like to see pics though! I'm thinking something more roadkillesque weighing less than 4000 lbs and hopefully only two doors i can flat black in my driveway. I'm ordering parts every couple weeks for the sc. .gaskets this week arp bolts and machine work next. I figure a running car might get me a trade on craigslist.61251

I have a few of these cars as well as a 427 cyclone with a single four on it.. Now that car is a rare one for sure.. Only nine ever built and this one is the speical ordered color as well... But the cyclone is NOT for sale..... Just the white 67 fairlane, and it does have a race history as well....Rich

pro street rich
07-18-2014, 01:27 PM
How about a 1970 ford bronco?? Now you said you have a 460 to put in well this already has one??? yes a big block. Let me tell you about it... This is a full fiberglass body that is ready to hit the sand dunes or hiway.. This is a crazy 4x4 just ready for summer fun... It has a 460 .030 over with a few other toys in it. The trans is a TOP LOADER ford 4 speed out of a 70 mustang with a 2:72 first gear going thru the dana 20 transfer case. That feed a 9" locker and add to this power steering quick ratio 3 3/4 turn to turn. There are a lot of off road toys that go with this and yes you could drive it back to your part of the world...
Now for the real crazy parts. This was raced 100 yard mud/sand drags and still holds some records for doing this. The best ever was 2.86 seconds for 100 yards and that was at a peterson event. Now keep in mind that there was a different engine in there at the time. That ran a all alumium 543 with TWO stages of happy gas.... just for fun... but I did pull that one out and replaced it with the current one..
So how about this??? would this work?? or is it also too much over the top??...Rich

SCDan35thANV
07-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Hey Rich although I won't be able to buy that fairlane from you I would sure love to see some pictures of it. They are nice cars as well as that sweet cyclone if ya could!

Thanks,

Dan

figulaz
07-18-2014, 02:45 PM
fiberglass sand toy?? prolly outta my range. Sir--since you know all things big block what could i expect from my gift 460? I has d3ve-a2a heads with the cast SCJ intake a Holley 3310. D1ve block . from what I've read I need to match up the heads to the intake and clean up the exhaust runner. I'd bring compression up to about 9.0-10 and put an econo street strip cam. I know these things go full beast mode with a better top-end set up but I'm clearly on a budget and gotta use what I got.

pro street rich
07-18-2014, 07:43 PM
fiberglass sand toy?? prolly outta my range. Sir--since you know all things big block what could i expect from my gift 460? I has d3ve-a2a heads with the cast SCJ intake a Holley 3310. D1ve block . from what I've read I need to match up the heads to the intake and clean up the exhaust runner. I'd bring compression up to about 9.0-10 and put an econo street strip cam. I know these things go full beast mode with a better top-end set up but I'm clearly on a budget and gotta use what I got.

That is a normal 460 that will need a lot of work.. The block is good but not super as it is just 2 bolt main. The heads are also nothing to talk about. I would bet it is out of some old Lincoln town car...
You are going to do something with the heads to start with. If you throw $2,000 at this you might get to somewhere around 400 hp but I would look for something off "race junk" or one of the other sites to see if you can get ahead of this build. You might want to look at some of the crate engines that might still be left out there, most have been picked over already... Sorry to give you the bad news but it is what it is......stock low power car or truck engine... Don't give up as there are a lot of things you can do to make this come alive...Good luck....Rich

figulaz
07-19-2014, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the advice. The motor was from a speed boat my father in law had in the late 70s early 80s that never got much use. Turbo marine 320 which I believe stands for 320hp. Im hoping for 1hp per cubic inch eventually. He bought it brand new pulled the engine and storedd in his shop 25-30yrs and would turn it over by hand once in a while.When I pulled the valve covers and intake it looked like a new engine. Im going to tear it down ..get her cleaned up and at least get proper pistons and cam in it...and get it in a car. ....One step at a time.