PDA

View Full Version : Changing Plugs

Les Borda
07-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Unlike in Toronto where we used to have a couple guys with thin long arms that were priceless when it came to changing plugs on the RIGHT side, because on a 90 all the damned AC lines run along the fender right where you need to squeeze your arms down to reach the plugs. I have no one, sons arms are too big and so are mine.

Soooooooooo how does one more easily change plugs on both sides, more so the right, left I know the IC tubes need to be removed. I've seen guys do it in a garage but they have the luxury of a hoist and get in underneath.

Thanks in Advance

S_Mazza
07-13-2014, 12:39 AM
With or without the luxury of a hoist, I would recommend doing the driver's side from underneath.

For the passenger side, it may work out if you remove the bolts for the AC compressor and support it out of the way. That will let you do at least the #1 plug. Maybe you can move the lines a little with the compressor loose and get to the other two.

Does the AC even work, by the way? If there's no refrigerant in there, you don't need to worry about opening the lines.