PDA

View Full Version : Holley Mustang 190lph Fuel Pump

Les Borda
07-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Something is rattling around in the back of my head about a Holley Mustang fuel pump and the filter sock..something about the SC using one slightly different. I'm not 100% on this but something is trying to crawl out of my brain dust.
The one from SC Perf and MN12 Performance back when had a different sock packed with it and I believe they were Walbro. I also think you can wash out and re-use the original sock.

Also, I think it was particular to 89-90's because 91 and up the shape of the fuel tank changed.

Soooooooooooooo...helppppppppppppppp :D

black V8
07-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Les, I bought a walbro 190 from scp last year for my 90 Cougar for about $100 or so, works great. As I understand it the sock is different from the ones supplied for Mustangs etc.
Cheers Tom

Les Borda
07-15-2014, 04:35 PM
I'll have to re-use the old one then I got this for 50, never installed from one of the fellows here.

Les Borda
07-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Got an Airtex FS141 sock from Amazon, looks just like the Walbro one that I should have.

shoalcracker
07-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Les

The Mustang sock is quite a bit larger than the TB.

All Walbro pumps require the purchase of the sock specific to the TB.

You have the option of reusing the existing one but typically the plastic sleeve gets brittle and are tough to get off and reinstalled in one piece.

Paul

Les Borda
07-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks Paul I have an Airtex one coming from Amazon in case I cannot reuse the original one, looks the same as the Walbro one that comes with the TB kit. Your right it was an added piece because on the Walbro site if you try a T-bird as model it says some company put together these kits and no longer available.

I'd laugh if the SC Perf and Spinning Wheels are just adding an Airtex FS141 LOL

By the way thanks, it's a nice piece and sure it will work.