Dynomax Exhaust???

89_Red_Xr7

well, i was on the dynomax website looking at the cat back systems that they have.. well they have a kit from the resonator back that they say fits on a 92-97 5.0/4.6 . i was then looking on Jegs and i found the kit for $200 with shipping it's like $212. the part # on jegs is 289-17379. its a 2.5''-2.25'' system

my question is will it fit on an 89 Xr7, and is this a good bang for the buck exhaust if combined with the magnaflow res?

any info is greatly appreceated for some insight on this matter..

The cat backs will work with any engine, but the 89 has the old style gas tank, and the exhaust pipe snakes around it. The new gas tank allows a much more direct path for the main pipe. I think its 89-91 that had that tank/pipe. You can get a newer style tank, and then use the better flowing late model exhaust with it.

i was on the dynomax website and the system looks just like the old style gas tank, i was just wondering why they would say for only 92 up:confused:

A resonator back system? Don't think you'd want to keep the stock resonator and 3rd cat anyway... unless you were planning on buying the resonator back system and then just adding a straight through piece of pipe or a highflow muffler in place of the resonator...

Back