pulley bolt keeps spinning and loosening while turning

91TBird93SC96V8

Man this pulley bolt and washer? Keeps spinning and loosening when it turns..ive tried different bolts. I got a new tensioner and pulley but the bolt keeps loosening and spinning.Help please

Man this pulley bolt and washer? Keeps spinning and loosening when it turns..ive tried different bolts. I got a new tensioner and pulley but the bolt keeps loosening and spinning.Help please
I dunno.. maybe torque it about 40ft-lbs? If it won't hold that torque, maybe its stripped perhaps? If so, you'll need to insert a heli-coil

Are you installing it with or without the bearing dust cover cap? Never had this happen and used Mustang idler pulleys not T-bird. Try it without the dust cap and torque it down like KMT said

If dust cap is on the back..its not there. None of the pulleys came with them? Only front black disc that goes around bolt. Im uploading a vid to fb page tccoa if that will help with visual( I would post it here, but its not letting me do it on my cpu or phone). As you all can see it spins and the bolt acually loosens up.

Make sure any washer going on or the cap of the bolt is only capturing the inner race of the pulley bearing. It can not touch the outer race nor can it touch the pulley. If it does, the pulley will rub on the bolt and depending on which pulley cause the bolt to back out.

The dust covers/washers on the SC's I've seen have an diameter that fits only on the inner race.

I wouldn't assume any washer that comes with a pulley is particularly the right one with out checking fitment.

Back